Xperia Z vs HTC ONE

OP cyprusx

19th February 2013, 10:44 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 175

166 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas

- Xperia: dragontrail hasn't been confirmed by Sony, so we can't really know.
- Built-in amplifier ? All devices with sound output have built-in amplifiers.
- I'm not sure if UltraPixel sensor isn't just higher ISO setting by default, i don't trust marketing like that.
- Xperia also supports 64gb micro cards.

PS. We already have a thread like that - and it draws flame wars etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikyo_San

only supports 16GB?

get your facts right...

sorry yea its officially 32GB

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z-5204.php
19th February 2013, 10:52 PM   |  #12  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 122

993 posts
More
The HTC One also has infinity glass which reduces glare and is resistant to scratching.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maedhros For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 10:55 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 168

973 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros

The HTC One also has infinity glass which reduces glare and is resistant to scratching.

HTC is also much better in dropping marketing terms
any way probably a better phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stefanve For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 11:05 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 116

204 posts
I honestly really like both phones. There will always be advantages to one phone over the other, but honestly (unless you are a complete pessimist) both phones should be able to keep you happy for around 1-1.5 years minimum.

The thing that I want to understand is the HTC One Capacitive Buttons. You have home and back... but where is menu? Menu is probably one of the most essential buttons in android. Hopefully (this is what I would do) hitting home once would bring up menu, and double tap will go home. Something along those lines. Nothing I am really worried about anyways (AOKP will fix it haha)

I do not really think UI is something to get in a heated debate about... once custom firmware hits you can put whatever you want on. Personally I am going to rock stock AOKP on any phone I get.

Same goes for storage.... Sure XZ has a micro SD slot, but there aren't any micro SDXC cards bigger than 64gb (and might not be for a while), so really the difference between the HTC One and XZ is 64GB vs 80GB at maximum.

The only real criticism I have for Sony is the delayed North American release for the Z and especially the ZL. HTC revealed the phone today and will release in a Month. Xperia ZL was revealed in mid January and wont come out till April. There is no point to reveal an amazing new phone and then release it once it is old news. Shame on Sony for that.

Both phones are awesome, just go for the one you prefer.

Battery life is something I am finding more and more confusing with Android phones. How is it that the HTC Butterfly gets a better battery life test during video streaming than the Xperia Z by over an hour, yet has a 13% smaller battery, same processor,same GPU, and same screen resolution. This seems completely counter-intuitive.

Now for my personal opinion. I prefer the outer design and features of the ZL over the HTC One (I like the idea of as little bezel as possible), however I prefer the One screen and speakers. Not going to make any decisions till the Galaxy S4 comes out.
Last edited by Warrimonk; 19th February 2013 at 11:13 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warrimonk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 11:10 PM   |  #15  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 89

370 posts
More
Just saw camera samples of "ultrapixel" phone... seriously not convinced (they have just made photos from old sensor clear)...compared http://blog.gsmarena.com/here-are-th...pixel-camera/# this snap with my old 5mp carl zeiss sensor in nokia n97( similar shot i took of my watch back in 2009)... and BOOM! HTC has gone back 4 years
maybe it will be better if they had released 8MP with ultrapixel... obviously pixels will not remain big and so called ultra pixel will lose its meaning...
well in long run when reviews come out this may not pay well for HTC.

.... happily go with XZ ...
benchmarks are only 5-10% better and that too only due to higher clock CPU .... i m not convinced with snapdragon 600 too .... it did nothing brilliant... over s4 pro... (i dont know if it saves more power)
but then obviously its my view of the summary... lets see what happens... XZ has its own flaws too.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikhiltanwar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 11:11 PM   |  #16  
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 359

1,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you guys really like the UI ? Can't say i like it... especially the drawer. In this aspect Sony's UI is much better for me ( if they got rid of those hideous grey rectangles in the drawer - it'd be perfect for me as far as Android can go, and in terms of UI i'm a big fan of Windows Phone's consistent, simple and clear UI )

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhiltanwar

Just saw camera samples of "ultrapixel" phone... seriously not convinced (they have just made photos from old sensor clear)...compared http://blog.gsmarena.com/here-are-th...pixel-camera/# this snap with my old 5mp carl zeiss sensor in nokia n97( similar shot i took of my watch back in 2009)... and BOOM! HTC has gone back 4 years

Hmm... they're not bad, but certainly nothing "ultra" here. Let's wait for some more camera tests.
Last edited by Akiainavas; 19th February 2013 at 11:14 PM.
19th February 2013, 11:15 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 92

539 posts
Quote:

maybe it will be better if they had released 8MP with ultrapixel... obviously pixels will not remain big and so called ultra pixel will lose its meaning...

benchmarks are only 5-10% better and that too only due to higher clock CPU .... i m not convinced with snapdragon 600 too .... it did nothing brilliant... over s4 pro... (i dont know if it saves more power)
but then obviously its my view of the summary... lets see what happens... XZ has its own flaws too.

I think it's gonna be more than 5-10%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=floH0ASIglU

Don't know which to chose myself. I think maybe if the One has good battery life, I'll go with it.
19th February 2013, 11:16 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 168

973 posts
Quote:

I think they are quite good, for a phone hardly any noise, but still a phone no matter how cool the sensor tech (and indeed this is just going back to basics nothing new going on) the lens still sucks, if the lens suck the photo quality sucks it's simple. really great photo's on a phone is just not going to happen (if the phone needs to be thin)

It has the same GPU as the s4 pro, it is a marginal update, maybe it will perform better in some cases. the 800 series will be a different beast.

Last edited by stefanve; 19th February 2013 at 11:20 PM.
19th February 2013, 11:17 PM   |  #19  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 86

718 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Xperia Z vs HTC ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros

I heard z has universe glass

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium
19th February 2013, 11:20 PM   |  #20  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 89

370 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapotrini

I think it's gonna be more than 5-10%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=floH0ASIglU

Don't know which to chose myself. I think maybe if the One has good battery life, I'll go with it.

summary here :
http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-one-ben...low-your-mind/
looks more like a overclocking advantage except for quadrant

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread