XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z vs HTC ONE

Tip us?

omersak
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanve View Post
I think they are quite good, for a phone hardly any noise, but still a phone no matter how cool the sensor tech (and indeed this is just going back to basics nothing new going on) the lens still sucks, if the lens suck the photo quality sucks it's simple. really great photo's on a phone is just not going to happen if the phone needs to be thin.
The xperia z pics wont look half bad either if they were taken/downsized to 4 megapixels. I remember everyone was going mental here at some photo samples that were posted by a user - downsized to 3 megapixels - saying it took better pics than the nokia pureviews. He posted the actual 13mp raw files and it was back to the usual.

What makes HTC's camera is the OIS - plus I love HTC's approach towards shattering the megapixel myth. I hope more manufacturers do what they've done.
Phones:
3310 > 3330 > 6100 > k500i > 6630 > 5700XM > N95 8gb > N81 8gb > Samsung i550 > N73 > 5800XM > iPhone 3gs > HTC Desire > Galaxy S > Nexus S > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II > HTC Sensation + Xperia Play > iPhone 4s + Galaxy Nexus + Galaxy S III > One X > Galaxy Note II + iPhone 5 + Padfone 2 > Xperia Z > HTC One > Xperia Z1 > Nexus 5 + Galaxy S5

Tablets:
iPad 2 > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > Galaxy Note > Galaxy Note 10.1 > Padfone 2 > iPad Mini 2

nikhiltanwar
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanve View Post
I think they are quite good, for a phone hardly any noise, but still a phone no matter how cool the sensor tech (and indeed this is just going back to basics nothing new going on) the lens still sucks, if the lens suck the photo quality sucks it's simple. really great photo's on a phone is just not going to happen (if the phone needs to be thin)

It has the same GPU as the s4 pro, it is a marginal update, maybe it will perform better in some cases. the 800 series will be a different beast.

Exactly ... they removed noise but nothing spectacular there... i just saw that wristwatch shot ... and it reminded of same shot that was in my archives ...HTC snap was better but not by huge margin... Carl Zeiss sensor was also good though... i still consider it better than many 8 MP shooters out there except for top 2-3 8mp phones...
on a serious note this work what HTC did not should have been done before.... when they used to pack 5mp snappers in phones.... now its more like show off ... but many people will be disappointed...

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by omersak View Post
The xperia z pics wont look half bad either if they were taken/downsized to 4 megapixels. I remember everyone was going mental here at some photo samples that were posted by a user - downsized to 3 megapixels - saying it took better pics than the nokia pureviews. He posted the actual 13mp raw files and it was back to the usual.

What makes HTC's camera is the OIS - plus I love HTC's approach towards shattering the megapixel myth. I hope more manufacturers do what they've done.
Yes ...totally agree.. Even nokia has said it before ..." it is not about number of megapixels , it depends on how you use them " ..... with less light entering small sensors... it is very much important to use that light effectively

Tablet - HTC Flyer
Current Phone - Nexus 4

barondebxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1218
Default Re: Xperia Z vs HTC ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppa View Post
Why don't you add the Galaxy S 4 to the topic?

These topic's are so stupid, technology nowadays is going so fast... Each device you're fighting for these days will be outdated in a few months.
Just choose a device and live with it until you can get a newer one.

SO WHAT'S THE POINT!??
Yep. Besides there's always a comparison thread, this needs to be closed.

Sent from my 3rd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Current Device: Nexus 7 2013

Recently Owned

Iphone 5S

LG G Flex

Galaxy Note3

LG G2

nikhiltanwar
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Cool HTC one vs Xperia Z

screen comparison HTC one vs XZ using electronic microscope (or something like that) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...BxJs-NI#t=583s

Tablet - HTC Flyer
Current Phone - Nexus 4

kakkaroto
Old
(Last edited by kakkaroto; 19th February 2013 at 11:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyprusx View Post
That's actually a very silly statement especially on this forum, as what it "officially" supports doesn't matter!

When in reality it does support 64gb cards!

Oh and I don't understand the big deal about the design, its basically the same as the Blackberry Z10.

stefanve
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkaroto View Post
That's actually a very silly statement especially on this forum, as what it "officially" supports doesn't matter!

Oh and I don't understand the big deal about the design, its basically the same as the Blackberry Z10.
Z10 has better proportions and less flashy, more class. But that is just how I feel. I can imagine lots of people will disagree with me

cyprusx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkaroto View Post

Why would sony say it can only take 32 if it can take 64, what are Sonys Motives!

Gitaroo
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Why would sony say it can only take 32 if it can take 64, what are Sonys Motives!
same thing with my old ass TF101 that can handle 64 GB card but officially its only up to 32 GB. I think it might have something to do with compatibility for some brands, if it doesn't work, they just don't have to deal with customers complaining because the official word is up to 32 GB.

stefanve
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
World domination I guess
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stefanve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Obviously ONE will have a far better screen than XZ. And NO, I am not talking about pixel density here. SLCD3 is far superior than whatever XZ display tech is. Both phones are a looker. The only advantage the that Sony has right now is the water and dust proofing on it.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe