Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 45,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z vs HTC ONE

Tip us?
 
Cookie Ninja
Old
#131  
Cookie Ninja's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 394
Posts: 1,329
Join Date: Jan 2010
Default Re: Xperia Z vs HTC ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912 View Post
Sure, the HTC One is better in almost every hardware aspect there.
but think about it another way,
HTC are known for delayed updates, releasing sources very late and of course, needing to void your warranty to unlock the bootloader.
As gorgeous as their phones are, they are not very developer friendly....
I have lost love for HTC
+1....!!!!!
PAST
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=3974&id7=2863
PRESENT
Xperia Z C 6603; Stock, LB, Root (101 F/W) (Son's)
Xperia Z C 6602; Stock LB, Root (101 F/W) (Wife's)
Moto E XT1022; Stock (Mine)
Nexus 7 (2012); EHNDROIX-V, Root (Son's)
Dell Venue 7 (2013); Stock 4.3, Root (Ours).
Asus TF 101; ARHD, Root (Mom's)

FUTURE
Flip Phone?
KitKat Sucks! Stick with Jellybean!
 
dewasathya
Old
#132  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 189
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bali, Indonesia
Default Re: Xperia Z vs HTC ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912 View Post
Sure, the HTC One is better in almost every hardware aspect there.
but think about it another way,
HTC are known for delayed updates, releasing sources very late and of course, needing to void your warranty to unlock the bootloader.
As gorgeous as their phones are, they are not very developer friendly....
I have lost love for HTC
And not forgot to mention that HTC is like a bully. Try to read HTC's post on the XDA News and you probably regret buying HTC's phone 'cus the late update, Realy (realy) hate AOSP Developers, and not to mention the phones suck in Indonesia (the price ain't cheap and hard to earn it). And now I realy hate HTC when I saw the news about them bringing AOSP developer to the court.

Sent from my Galaxy SL Stock & Root.
Press Thanks If I help you
My Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (P-3100) running CM 10.2, Asus N43S (i7 2nd Gen+Nvidia GeForce GT540M) running Windows 8.1[BROKEN, Can't Read the HDD][FIXED, BROKEN CHIPSET)
Former Devices: iPod 4G (Give it to my bro), Samsung Galaxy SL (GT-i9003) (Retired)
Next Device (Probably): [PHONE] LG G2 32 GB(D803)/Lumia 930/OnePlus One 32GB, [LAPTOP] Laptop with i5/i7 3/4th Gen + Nvidia GeForce GT740/750M
 
Hellscythe
Old
#133  
Hellscythe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 430
Posts: 1,654
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: straya kienttt
Also they threatened to sue the person hosting a website that had an archive of all the HTC RUUs...
 
xerox89
Old
#134  
Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 97
Join Date: Feb 2011
Do anyone notice that HTC cam is always under perform even tho they keep refreshing the marketing term ?
External image chip , now overpixel .
 
Wh1techapel
Old
#135  
Wh1techapel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 102
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oxford
I Was looking forward to the XZ for some time before release, but when I started looking into the HTC One, my mind was changed.

The on-screen buttons are their permanently even when playing games, which reduces the screen size to that of the One. The call quality is reportedly muffled and also when looking at it in the shop it certainly looks nice, but the quality wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

The One beats it in EVERY aspect apart from being water resistant, I've never EVER dropped a phone in water or had the need to text in the rain so not something I need.

Also the Screen on the One is noticeably superior. I know if you've bought the XZ you'll defend it to the hilt, It is a great phone but the HTC One is just that bit better.
 
Rashkae
Old
#136  
Rashkae's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 571
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1techapel View Post
I Was looking forward to the XZ for some time before release, but when I started looking into the HTC One, my mind was changed.

The on-screen buttons are their permanently even when playing games, which reduces the screen size to that of the One. The call quality is reportedly muffled and also when looking at it in the shop it certainly looks nice, but the quality wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

The One beats it in EVERY aspect apart from being water resistant, I've never EVER dropped a phone in water or had the need to text in the rain so not something I need.

Also the Screen on the One is noticeably superior. I know if you've bought the XZ you'll defend it to the hilt, It is a great phone but the HTC One is just that bit better.
Please don't talk about something you obviously have no clue about.

FYI, call quality on the XZ is excellent. Far better than the P.O.S. HTC phones I've previously owned.
Xperia Z - White
 
Wh1techapel
Old
#137  
Wh1techapel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 102
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
Please don't talk about something you obviously have no clue about.

FYI, call quality on the XZ is excellent. Far better than the P.O.S. HTC phones I've previously owned.
If the only people that posted on this forum knew what they were talking about, then there'd be no need for anyone to post.

However, as I said it's clear you'd defend the unit no matter how unhappy you are with what's released after it.

EDIT: Reading this back I sound like I'm trolling, which isn't my intention. The XZ is clearly a great phone, just not AS good as the one (for me), however someone with different needs to myself (like you) would prefer the XZ.
 
Rashkae
Old
#138  
Rashkae's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 571
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1techapel View Post
If the only people that posted on this forum knew what they were talking about, then there'd be no need for anyone to post.

However, as I said it's clear you'd defend the unit no matter how unhappy you are with what's released after it.

EDIT: Reading this back I sound like I'm trolling, which isn't my intention. The XZ is clearly a great phone, just not AS good as the one (for me), however someone with different needs to myself (like you) would prefer the XZ.
Yup, different strokes for different folks. I need the waterproofing a lot more than the HTC "Boomsound"...
Xperia Z - White
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rashkae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zzcool
Old
#139  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 164
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gothenburg

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD View Post
Let's settle this...

Go to local retailer...

Test out both devices in hand...

Buy the one you are happy with...

Stop felling bad about next best device as whenever any phone is announced/launched the technology is already outdated...


Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
reminds me of pc building

what it used to be

wait are phones what pc building pc parts used to be?
 
eagleeyetom
Old
#140  
eagleeyetom's Avatar
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter 11257
Posts: 5,945
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere in Poland

 
DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2106733
Thread closed.

The Following User Says Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes