Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

***XPERIA Z, ZL and C670X 2013 FLAGSHIPS*** News and Rumors***

Tip us?

dachao
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by papped View Post
Revealing at CES != releasing anytime soon. They showed off phones last year at CES that did not release until much, much later in the year...
Yes they did and the phones did not sell well. The gap between announcement and release was to bit.
This will be the first batch of true Sony phones. They will be much faster to the market than last year.
But you have a valid point. AT&T is always months behind on European carriers to offer Sony phones.

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachao View Post
This will be the first batch of true Sony phones. .
wrong.

the x10 was the experiment xperia phone and it was a resounding sucess, hence the huge range of xperia phones since then.
But the true sony phone is a development,its an evolution....

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

batman_112
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 333

DONATE TO ME
I do sincerely hope that the phones are released no later than 3 weeks after announcement. Otherwise, the buzz is gone. Apple and Samsung do that very well. They announce their phones and then they're on the shelves 3 weeks later. I hope Sony does that.
Why so serious?

dachao
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_112 View Post
I do sincerely hope that the phones are released no later than 3 weeks after announcement. Otherwise, the buzz is gone. Apple and Samsung do that very well. They announce their phones and then they're on the shelves 3 weeks later. I hope Sony does that.
I totally agree with you. If Sony does not release the phones on time it will face even tougher competition and all the hype will be gone once it is available.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
wrong.

the x10 was the experiment xperia phone and it was a resounding sucess, hence the huge range of xperia phones since then.
But the true sony phone is a development,its an evolution....
The X10 was a Sony-Ericsson phone not a Sony phone. All the phones that were released this year were still designed by SE and not by Sony.

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3760
Quote:

The X10 was a Sony-Ericsson phone not a Sony phone. All the phones that were released this year were still designed by SE and not by Sony.
and that just goes to prove my point..if you want the latest phone, buy the latest phone out there, if you are going to second guess and watch the rumour market you wilnever buy...

its an evolution......

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

vivftp
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
and that just goes to prove my point..if you want the latest phone, buy the latest phone out there, if you are going to second guess and watch the rumour market you wilnever buy...

its an evolution......

You're not making much sense. He stated the upcoming phones are the first batch of purely Sony designed phones, and then you said wrong. He countered, then you apparently agreed that the original statement was true. He's talking about the delay between officially announcing the phone and getting it on the shelves for purchase. At that point it has nothing to do with the rumour market.

gregbradley
Old
(Last edited by gregbradley; 17th November 2012 at 09:42 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3760
What I was trying to say origanally was that if you keep waiting for the best rumoured phone you will be dissaponted, because as soon as you buy a phone its out dated, there will rumours of a better updated phone around the corner. Phone development is continous. With most people being on long term cobtracts its inevitable that even if you buy the latest phone it will be overtaken by a new phone within months, if not weeks.

Anyway, I dont normally post in these threads as rumour and persoanl opinion are just that, and everyone is right about their own preferences.

My contributions.

[Xperia Z1]

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1308

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Will the Yuga/Odin be available from any US wireless carriers?
AT&T = no. They were going to carry the Odin but dropped it recently. They will be picking up the fall release Xperia flagship. No info on that one yet they are being very tight lipped.

T-Mobile might pickup the Odin. They are talking about it it haven't decided yet.

Should be available unlocked from Sony if not.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smartwatch MN2 // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dachao
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post
AT&T = no. They were going to carry the Odin but dropped it recently. They will be picking up the fall release Xperia flagship. No info on that one yet they are being very tight lipped.

T-Mobile might pickup the Odin. They are talking about it it haven't decided yet.

Should be available unlocked from Sony if not.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL
No bueno. I sure hope that they will have an unlocked version directly from Sony even if T-Mobile gets the phone.
Need a good LTE phone.

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1308

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Spectre51, thanks for the details.

What will be available in the US and when?
Can you post the dimensions of both?
Yuga - 138.6 x 71 x 8.1 - 140 grams - water resistant
Odin - 131.6 x 69.7 x 9.8 - 147 grams - IR remote

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smartwatch MN2 // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]