***XPERIA Z, ZL and C670X 2013 FLAGSHIPS*** News and Rumors***

OP batman_112

17th November 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 59

500 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papped

Revealing at CES != releasing anytime soon. They showed off phones last year at CES that did not release until much, much later in the year...

Yes they did and the phones did not sell well. The gap between announcement and release was to bit.
This will be the first batch of true Sony phones. They will be much faster to the market than last year.
But you have a valid point. AT&T is always months behind on European carriers to offer Sony phones.
17th November 2012, 12:54 AM   |  #62  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,441

9,897 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachao

This will be the first batch of true Sony phones. .

wrong.

the x10 was the experiment xperia phone and it was a resounding sucess, hence the huge range of xperia phones since then.
But the true sony phone is a development,its an evolution....
17th November 2012, 01:37 AM   |  #63  
OP Senior Member
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 333

1,550 posts
Donate to Me
More
I do sincerely hope that the phones are released no later than 3 weeks after announcement. Otherwise, the buzz is gone. Apple and Samsung do that very well. They announce their phones and then they're on the shelves 3 weeks later. I hope Sony does that.
17th November 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #64  

500 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_112

I do sincerely hope that the phones are released no later than 3 weeks after announcement. Otherwise, the buzz is gone. Apple and Samsung do that very well. They announce their phones and then they're on the shelves 3 weeks later. I hope Sony does that.

I totally agree with you. If Sony does not release the phones on time it will face even tougher competition and all the hype will be gone once it is available.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

wrong.

the x10 was the experiment xperia phone and it was a resounding sucess, hence the huge range of xperia phones since then.
But the true sony phone is a development,its an evolution....

The X10 was a Sony-Ericsson phone not a Sony phone. All the phones that were released this year were still designed by SE and not by Sony.
17th November 2012, 02:46 AM   |  #65  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,897 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The X10 was a Sony-Ericsson phone not a Sony phone. All the phones that were released this year were still designed by SE and not by Sony.

and that just goes to prove my point..if you want the latest phone, buy the latest phone out there, if you are going to second guess and watch the rumour market you wilnever buy...

its an evolution......
17th November 2012, 07:11 AM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 39

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

and that just goes to prove my point..if you want the latest phone, buy the latest phone out there, if you are going to second guess and watch the rumour market you wilnever buy...

its an evolution......

You're not making much sense. He stated the upcoming phones are the first batch of purely Sony designed phones, and then you said wrong. He countered, then you apparently agreed that the original statement was true. He's talking about the delay between officially announcing the phone and getting it on the shelves for purchase. At that point it has nothing to do with the rumour market.
17th November 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #67  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,897 posts
Donate to Me
More
What I was trying to say origanally was that if you keep waiting for the best rumoured phone you will be dissaponted, because as soon as you buy a phone its out dated, there will rumours of a better updated phone around the corner. Phone development is continous. With most people being on long term cobtracts its inevitable that even if you buy the latest phone it will be overtaken by a new phone within months, if not weeks.

Anyway, I dont normally post in these threads as rumour and persoanl opinion are just that, and everyone is right about their own preferences.
Last edited by gregbradley; 17th November 2012 at 10:42 AM.
17th November 2012, 10:36 AM   |  #68  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,342

3,338 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Will the Yuga/Odin be available from any US wireless carriers?

AT&T = no. They were going to carry the Odin but dropped it recently. They will be picking up the fall release Xperia flagship. No info on that one yet they are being very tight lipped.

T-Mobile might pickup the Odin. They are talking about it it haven't decided yet.

Should be available unlocked from Sony if not.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #69  

500 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51

AT&T = no. They were going to carry the Odin but dropped it recently. They will be picking up the fall release Xperia flagship. No info on that one yet they are being very tight lipped.

T-Mobile might pickup the Odin. They are talking about it it haven't decided yet.

Should be available unlocked from Sony if not.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL

No bueno. I sure hope that they will have an unlocked version directly from Sony even if T-Mobile gets the phone.
Need a good LTE phone.
20th November 2012, 12:45 AM   |  #70  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,342

3,338 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Spectre51, thanks for the details.

What will be available in the US and when?
Can you post the dimensions of both?

Yuga - 138.6 x 71 x 8.1 - 140 grams - water resistant
Odin - 131.6 x 69.7 x 9.8 - 147 grams - IR remote

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread