No registration required

***XPERIA Z, ZL and C670X 2013 FLAGSHIPS*** News and Rumors***

OP batman_112

21st November 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 39

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51

Nothing like it. Odin and yuga have same design/look just slightly different sizes. Look for the yuga leaked pictures.

Both have dragontail glass front and back.

Not sure on that yet. Odin definitely will hit US shores, hoping yuga does too. Yuga is the only water resistant one.

Well it makes me feel happier about the situation if Odin looks like a smaller, sleeker version of Yuga. The IR remote is a feature I've been dreaming about on a phone and I'm VERY excited they're incorportating it.

Quote:

I have contacts . Should be March/April timeframe at least that's what's planned so far.

There goes my fantasy that Sony would intro it at CES or MWC, and have it immediately available for sale, just to surprise us all
21st November 2012, 02:57 AM   |  #82  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,343

3,345 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivftp

Well it makes me feel happier about the situation if Odin looks like a smaller, sleeker version of Yuga. The IR remote is a feature I've been dreaming about on a phone and I'm VERY excited they're incorportating it.

There goes my fantasy that Sony would intro it at CES or MWC, and have it immediately available for sale, just to surprise us all

Well you never know they could change the timeframe. I'm just going by what I know so far. I am excited to about the IR remote. LOVED that feature of the Tablet S. These phones are going to be freaking amazing.
21st November 2012, 12:51 PM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Can we expect some special camera features, like recording in 720p at 60 or 90 fps? It' d be great to see it in those phones.
21st November 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #84  
Flag Innsbruck
Thanks Meter: 9

51 posts
More
Is there a chance that Odin will be waterproof?
How's the Camerea? is it the Exmor RS ? Will it have another features? like IR or maybe Bravia Engine 3
21st November 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #85  

208 posts
Hmm considering that Yuga is supposed to be larger than Odin, what else could it have in it to justify the larger size? Larger battery could be it, but would they make the phone that much larger for just a slightly larger battery? Would making it water/dust resistant cause it to be larger?

According to randomuser over on esato, both Yuga and Odin are international phones. I wonder if that means they'll be competing in the same markets or not.
21st November 2012, 09:05 PM   |  #86  
Thanks Meter: 35

285 posts
Quote:

Hmm considering that Yuga is supposed to be larger than Odin, what else could it have in it to justify the larger size? Larger battery could be it, but would they make the phone that much larger for just a slightly larger battery? Would making it water/dust resistant cause it to be larger?

According to randomuser over on esato, both Yuga and Odin are international phones. I wonder if that means they'll be competing in the same markets or not.

Maybe Yuga will be a LTE device and due to this will have a slightly bigger battery than Odin. Yuga could be for LTE markets like US and Odin for the rest of the world.
What I find interesting is, that At&t has ditched the H1 Xperia flagship, but instead will go for the H2 one.
22nd November 2012, 12:16 AM   |  #87  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,343

3,345 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mefa2

Can we expect some special camera features, like recording in 720p at 60 or 90 fps? It' d be great to see it in those phones.

HDR 1080p video recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norair

Is there a chance that Odin will be waterproof?
How's the Camerea? is it the Exmor RS ? Will it have another features? like IR or maybe Bravia Engine 3

Odin is not water resistant. Yes to ex or RS, yes to IR remote as I mentioned. I believe both will have the latest bravia engine. Wasn't really paying attention for that.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL
22nd November 2012, 03:18 PM   |  #88  
Thanks Meter: 1,623

1,424 posts
Donate to Me
More
Camera samples from Odin

http://www.phonearena.com/news/First...r-leak_id36908

Sent from my LT15a using xda-developers app
22nd November 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #89  

208 posts
Just tossing this out there randomly, but how hard do you guys think it'd be for Sony to create a device that dual boots Android and Vita OS? Considering how locked down the Vita is and how fearful Sony is of piracy, I'd imagine that said device would have to keep both OS's completely seperate, possibly not even sharing the same internal storage.

But anyways, complex hardware issues aside, would such a thing really be possible? Would such a thing sell in your opinion?
22nd November 2012, 11:33 PM   |  #90  
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 905

1,389 posts
More
Quote:

Just tossing this out there randomly, but how hard do you guys think it'd be for Sony to create a device that dual boots Android and Vita OS? Considering how locked down the Vita is and how fearful Sony is of piracy, I'd imagine that said device would have to keep both OS's completely seperate, possibly not even sharing the same internal storage.

But anyways, complex hardware issues aside, would such a thing really be possible? Would such a thing sell in your opinion?

Nah, not going to happen unless they create some sort of hybrid OS that also runs Android apps and another Xperia Play-style hardware device (which also seems extremely unlikely to me).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread