FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ZL screen brighter than Z

3,408 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,370

By Spectre51, Recognized Contributor on 17th February 2013, 05:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I got to have some hands on time with a ZL and Z today. The ZL had a noticeably brighter screen. ZL felt so nice in ny hand. I am really torn between the two devices. They both are amazing.

Also saw that the IR remote is just below the power button so you have to hold the phone in landscape when using the IR remote.

The ZL was just about the same size as my TL.

Sent from my C6602

17th February 2013, 06:13 PM |#2  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Brighter on 100% or what? Generally better colors?

Just being brighter isn't really an advantage is it? I use my iPod at 20-30% brightness setting.
17th February 2013, 06:53 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Re: ZL screen brighter than Z
Brighter at 100% and lowest setting. The blacks look a bit better on the Z though.

Sent from my C6602
The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spectre51 Ad-Free
17th February 2013, 06:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
How was the Z in size and shape when compared to the Ion?
17th February 2013, 06:57 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 722ish

How was the Z in size and shape when compared to the Ion?

My ion is at home. I'll take comparison photos when I get home of the Z and my other devices.

Sent from my C6602
17th February 2013, 07:25 PM |#6  
Flag Panam
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Finally some love for the ZL. So the blacks look a bit better in the Z, what about the colors? How long did you play with the device?
17th February 2013, 07:30 PM |#7  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 2,435

Donate to Me
More
The blacks look better on the Z, definitely comforting, thanks
17th February 2013, 09:45 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Most important question I have is: can you easily drop down the notification center with your thumb while keeping your pinky finger on the bottom of the ZL? That for me is the test for one handed operation
17th February 2013, 09:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51

I got to have some hands on time with a ZL and Z today. The ZL had a noticeably brighter screen. ZL felt so nice in ny hand. I am really torn between the two devices. They both are amazing.

Also saw that the IR remote is just below the power button so you have to hold the phone in landscape when using the IR remote.

The ZL was just about the same size as my TL.

Sent from my C6602

So I assume the Z you had is not the 6606 model?

Besides, how is it possible for screens to be any different? Sony said they are exactly the same. Maybe the Z you had was a per-production or earlier sample?
18th February 2013, 12:02 AM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
The ZL I had was not final software so things could change with it. Looking at photos on each device closely the Z is much darker than the ZL (talking screen brightness here). I didn't try changing the ZL to match the same level as the Z so I couldn't really compare the colors on each when looking at photos. The Z was noticeably darker on photos.

I didn't mess with the white alliance colors either on the ZL just left them as they were which showed 0 on each slider.

When comparing system menus and icons colors I couldn't really tell much of a difference.
18th February 2013, 12:05 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCorex

Finally some love for the ZL. So the blacks look a bit better in the Z, what about the colors? How long did you play with the device?

Still have the Z (C6602) ZL only got to mess with for about 45 minutes or so. I really liked the ZL feel. Was about the same size as the TL when I compared them. The back of the ZL (black version) has a nice textured soft rubbery feel to it that looked great. The burst camera on these two devices is super quick and very good quality. I also really liked how the sides/edges of the ZL are also lass like the Z.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)