Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZL screen brighter than Z

Tip us?

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1302

DONATE TO ME
Default ZL screen brighter than Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCorex View Post
Finally some love for the ZL. So the blacks look a bit better in the Z, what about the colors? How long did you play with the device?
Still have the Z (C6602) ZL only got to mess with for about 45 minutes or so. I really liked the ZL feel. Was about the same size as the TL when I compared them. The back of the ZL (black version) has a nice textured soft rubbery feel to it that looked great. The burst camera on these two devices is super quick and very good quality. I also really liked how the sides/edges of the ZL are also lass like the Z.

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z1 // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smartwatch MN2 // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.

Spectre51
Old
Thanks Meter 1302

DONATE TO ME
Default ZL screen brighter than Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMCP View Post
So I assume the Z you had is not the 6606 model?

Besides, how is it possible for screens to be any different? Sony said they are exactly the same. Maybe the Z you had was a per-production or earlier sample?
Possible, it's a demo unit.

Current Phones/Tablets:
Accessories
Sony Smartwatch MN2 // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z // iPad 1, 3

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1637

DONATE TO ME
Hello! Just wanna ask how did you get a hold of a ZL demo unit? Since I haven't heard any news of it for weeks now. I would be happy if sony has already started marketing campaign for ZL as I don't want to wait till April to get it.

Spectre51
Old
Thanks Meter 1302

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: ZL screen brighter than Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
Hello! Just wanna ask how did you get a hold of a ZL demo unit? Since I haven't heard any news of it for weeks now. I would be happy if sony has already started marketing campaign for ZL as I don't want to wait till April to get it.
Friend is a Sony employee. You won't have to wait till April.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z

Current Phones/Tablets:
Accessories
Past Phones/Tablets:

Riyal
Old
(Last edited by Riyal; 18th February 2013 at 02:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1637

DONATE TO ME
What do you mean by I don't have to wait till april? I have heard news from Xperiablog stating the Xperia ZL's availability(at least on some countries) to be on the month of april. In case I don't really have to then that would be great!

Spectre51
Old
Thanks Meter 1302

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
What do you mean by I don't have to wait till april? I have heard news from Xperiablog stating the Xperia ZL's availability(at least on some countries) to be on the month of april. In case I don't really have to then that would be great!
If you are in the US you wouldn't be waiting till April.

Current Phones/Tablets:
Accessories
Past Phones/Tablets:

Spectre51
Old
(Last edited by Spectre51; 18th February 2013 at 04:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1302

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 722ish View Post
How was the Z in size and shape when compared to the Ion?
Okay here are some pics (not a photographer so bear with me) of my TL, ion and the Z so you can see the size comparison. For having as big of a screen as the Z and ZL do they are not bulky phones at all. Love their size. For the pics with the screens on the brightness was set to 100% and disabled any adjustment to lighting condition options.

Current Phones/Tablets:
Accessories
Past Phones/Tablets:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robertopod1968
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Re: ZL screen brighter than Z

The contrast on the TL looks much better to me. The blacks are kinda gray on the new ones. Or do they get better without the brightness at full?

Gitaroo
Old
Thanks Meter 37
must be some funky stuffs that sony is doing to balance out their bravia engine or something, have to wait and see if they full screen calibration control actually get released.

Spectre51
Old
Thanks Meter 1302

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968 View Post
The contrast on the TL looks much better to me. The blacks are kinda gray on the new ones. Or do they get better without the brightness at full?
All the Xperia devices I have seen all seem more gray than the ion (pictured in the middle) The ion has had the best screen I have seen. Wish I had the ZL here so I could include that. Soon it will be mine

Current Phones/Tablets:
Accessories
Past Phones/Tablets: