Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,032 Members 44,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZL screen brighter than Z

Tip us?

robertopod1968
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Re: ZL screen brighter than Z

OK.. I'm an idiot and didn't read your description well. I thought it was the Z on one side and the ZL on the other. The screen probably won't keep me from buying one of them anyway. Thank you for the info!

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,331

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968 View Post
OK.. I'm an idiot and didn't read your description well. I thought it was the Z on one side and the ZL on the other. The screen probably won't keep me from buying one of them anyway. Thank you for the info!
It shouldn't because honestly when the phone is in your hand it looks amazing. The build quality on these two phones and great design is outstanding.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z2 // OnePlus One // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony SmartBand // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // Xperia Tablet Z // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.

robertopod1968
Old
Thanks Meter 19

I've been searching for all the info on these that I can find for a month now. I'm sure I will be purchasing one of these as soon as they are available that work on US carriers.

Or...Get your buddy to send me one!

722ish
Old
(Last edited by 722ish; 18th February 2013 at 06:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5

Thanks for the photos! Looks like it isn't much bigger than the ion at all, and it does look sharp for sure!
Also, I was looking through the other thread and saw there was an lte model functioning on AT&T bands, will there likely be multiple models available in the USA, or is there only the one? I apologize for the out of place questions, I just didn't see for sure elsewhere, and am unfamiliar with the model numbers yet.

Spectre51
Old
Thanks Meter 1,331

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 722ish View Post
Thanks for the photos! Looks like it isn't much bigger than the ion at all, and it does look sharp for sure!
Also, I was looking through the other thread and saw there was an lte model functioning on AT&T bands, will there likely be multiple models available in the USA, or is there only the one? I apologize for the out of place questions, I just didn't see for sure elsewhere, and am unfamiliar with the model numbers yet.
I can't divulge too much but the C6606 will probably be the only XZ model available in the US.

Current Phones/Tablets:
Accessories
Sony SmartBand // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // Xperia Tablet Z // iPad 1, 3

722ish
Old
Thanks Meter 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post
I can't divulge too much but the C6606 will probably be the only XZ model available in the US.

Ah I understand, anyhow, thanks so much for all the info and photos.

rycexboi
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post

I'm sure zl will be available also since its on the u.s Sony site

Spectre51
Old
Thanks Meter 1,331

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycexboi View Post
I'm sure zl will be available also since its on the u.s Sony site
Yeah it will. Didn't say it wouldn't.

Current Phones/Tablets:
Accessories
Past Phones/Tablets:

doministry
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Ui elements which are black on iOn and TX are designed grey on Z so have it in mind once you compare those screens.
a w a r e
SE P800 P910 P990 P1 X1 X2 X10 LG E900 Xperia Arc X10 Mini Sony Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z, Xperia Z2

Spectre51
Old
Thanks Meter 1,331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by doministry View Post
Ui elements which are black on iOn and TX are designed grey on Z so have it in mind once you compare those screens.
Yes very true. Once the ion gets JB it will be a better comparison (as long as its like the T design) though even on the home screen you can see a difference in colors. Every Xperia I have seen and compared the ion still has the best blacks.

Current Phones/Tablets:
Accessories
Past Phones/Tablets: