FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

ZL screen brighter than Z

3,371 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,358
 
By Spectre51, Recognized Contributor on 17th February 2013, 05:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th February 2013, 05:04 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Re: ZL screen brighter than Z
OK.. I'm an idiot and didn't read your description well. I thought it was the Z on one side and the ZL on the other. The screen probably won't keep me from buying one of them anyway. Thank you for the info!
 
 
18th February 2013, 05:12 AM |#22  
Spectre51's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,358
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: ZL screen brighter than Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968

OK.. I'm an idiot and didn't read your description well. I thought it was the Z on one side and the ZL on the other. The screen probably won't keep me from buying one of them anyway. Thank you for the info!

It shouldn't because honestly when the phone is in your hand it looks amazing. The build quality on these two phones and great design is outstanding.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z
18th February 2013, 05:39 AM |#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Re: ZL screen brighter than Z
I've been searching for all the info on these that I can find for a month now. I'm sure I will be purchasing one of these as soon as they are available that work on US carriers.

Or...Get your buddy to send me one!
18th February 2013, 06:03 AM |#24  
722ish's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Re: ZL screen brighter than Z
Thanks for the photos! Looks like it isn't much bigger than the ion at all, and it does look sharp for sure!
Also, I was looking through the other thread and saw there was an lte model functioning on AT&T bands, will there likely be multiple models available in the USA, or is there only the one? I apologize for the out of place questions, I just didn't see for sure elsewhere, and am unfamiliar with the model numbers yet.
Last edited by 722ish; 18th February 2013 at 06:13 AM.
18th February 2013, 06:23 AM |#25  
Spectre51's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,358
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: ZL screen brighter than Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 722ish

Thanks for the photos! Looks like it isn't much bigger than the ion at all, and it does look sharp for sure!
Also, I was looking through the other thread and saw there was an lte model functioning on AT&T bands, will there likely be multiple models available in the USA, or is there only the one? I apologize for the out of place questions, I just didn't see for sure elsewhere, and am unfamiliar with the model numbers yet.

I can't divulge too much but the C6606 will probably be the only XZ model available in the US.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z
18th February 2013, 07:38 AM |#26  
722ish's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Re: ZL screen brighter than Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51

I can't divulge too much but the C6606 will probably be the only XZ model available in the US.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z


Ah I understand, anyhow, thanks so much for all the info and photos.
18th February 2013, 08:16 AM |#27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51

I can't divulge too much but the C6606 will probably be the only XZ model available in the US.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z

I'm sure zl will be available also since its on the u.s Sony site
18th February 2013, 09:03 AM |#28  
Spectre51's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,358
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: ZL screen brighter than Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by rycexboi

I'm sure zl will be available also since its on the u.s Sony site

Yeah it will. Didn't say it wouldn't.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z
18th February 2013, 10:07 PM |#29  
doministry's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 259
 
More
Ui elements which are black on iOn and TX are designed grey on Z so have it in mind once you compare those screens.
18th February 2013, 11:33 PM |#30  
Spectre51's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,358
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doministry

Ui elements which are black on iOn and TX are designed grey on Z so have it in mind once you compare those screens.

Yes very true. Once the ion gets JB it will be a better comparison (as long as its like the T design) though even on the home screen you can see a difference in colors. Every Xperia I have seen and compared the ion still has the best blacks.
19th February 2013, 03:29 AM |#31  
Warrimonk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
I was going to post this in the Z screen discussion but the thread is locked... so might as well post it here.

The other thread says that the Xperia Z uses a E-IPS display because the phone is too thin to fit a more premium display. Since the ZL is a thicker phone and does not have waterproofing (which sony tried to use to compensate), does this mean that the ZL may NOT contain an E-IPS display and have something of higher quality???

I really don't get the idea of sacrificing screen quality to make the phone thinner. I am pretty sure many people would pick an amazing display at the cost of a few mm of thickness.
Last edited by Warrimonk; 19th February 2013 at 03:31 AM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes