Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZL screen brighter than Z

Tip us?

Warrimonk
Old
(Last edited by Warrimonk; 19th February 2013 at 03:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 106
I was going to post this in the Z screen discussion but the thread is locked... so might as well post it here.

The other thread says that the Xperia Z uses a E-IPS display because the phone is too thin to fit a more premium display. Since the ZL is a thicker phone and does not have waterproofing (which sony tried to use to compensate), does this mean that the ZL may NOT contain an E-IPS display and have something of higher quality???

I really don't get the idea of sacrificing screen quality to make the phone thinner. I am pretty sure many people would pick an amazing display at the cost of a few mm of thickness.

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,331

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: ZL screen brighter than Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrimonk View Post
I was going to post this in the Z screen discussion but the thread is locked... so might as well post it here.

The other thread says that the Xperia Z uses a E-IPS display because the phone is too thin to fit a more premium display. Since the ZL is a thicker phone and does not have waterproofing (which sony tried to use to compensate), does this mean that the ZL may NOT contain an E-IPS display and have something of higher quality???

I really don't get the idea of sacrificing screen quality to make the phone thinner. I am pretty sure many people would pick an amazing display at the cost of a few mm of thickness.
Could be. Once I get my ZL I will compare them more.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z2 // OnePlus One // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony SmartBand // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // Xperia Tablet Z // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.

samven582
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Any word on US availability?

vicedens2002
Old
(Last edited by vicedens2002; 24th February 2013 at 03:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Default Re: ZL screen brighter than Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post
Could be. Once I get my ZL I will compare them more.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z
There is nothing in whitepaper about the displays ?? I am going to get the ZL... Please update here as soon as you get the phone..

Edit: just saw the white paper there is nothing about the display...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app
Nokia 2100 -> Nokia 6510 -> Nokia 6600 -> Sony Ericsson w700i -> Sony Ericsson w960i -> HTC Desire HD -> SONY Xperia Z2