Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 45,763 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

13MP in 16:9

Tip us?

Kocayine
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~iPod~nano~ View Post
Woah. Now some people like 16:9 ratio photos...

Maybe someday, phones use 16:9 sensor?

Back in old days, 35mm film is 3:2. Digital photography changes to 4:3 (still 3:2 for high-end/DSLR). Now 16:9 because of phone screen?

for who wants 13MP in Xperia Z -> you can't. That pixel and ratio is because of the hardware, not the software
If you want real 13MP in 16:9 ratio - you must change the image sensor (hardware that captures color and changes to voltage)
Indeed. But I think these people just want the 16:9 look on-screen but 4:3 result in picture. Meaning, they dont mind that they cant see the entire 4:3 photo they're taking, on the screen.

All for the sake of how it looks.
Please quote my posts if you are replying to one of my posts, that way I'll get notified.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25,982

DONATE TO ME
Thread cleaned
How selfish and disrespectful to the OP to carry on battles in his thread
This matter has been handled and closed
There is also NEVER any reason to post profanity or personal attacks on this development site
Take it to My Face or Twitbook
Now stick to the 16:9 discussion
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Senior Moderator

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kabeesh
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Guys, i want to shoot 13 MP photos in 16:9 aspect ratio, so that while shooting the grey background will be gone and also the picture should be shown in 16:9 ratio in the album. So it will look like i have taken a widescreen picture in 13 MP mode. Is there any possible app or a mod that can be used to tweak the camera?

kingvortex
Old
(Last edited by kingvortex; 1st February 2014 at 11:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2,063
For that to happen, you would have to change the resolution of the image captured by the camera sensor and I don't think that's possible without stretching it as previously stated.
As previously discussed, the 16:9 aspect ratio settings available in the stock camera are simply crops of a larger 4:3 image.
I'm no expert on digital photography, but that's how I understand it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk