Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 47,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3 lte cannot connect

Tip us?

RJASSI21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default 3 lte cannot connect

I have tried to connect to 3 lte but it says it cannot iam on EXistenZ v5.0.0 rooted havnt recieved any carrier updates would returning to stock 4.3 fix this.

RJASSI21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
It says could not connect to the selected network. Please make sure that the sim card is inserted or the selected network is available

Mackay53
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJASSI21 View Post
It says could not connect to the selected network. Please make sure that the sim card is inserted or the selected network is available
Have you downloaded the internet settings?

Wireless & networks > more... > internet settings

RJASSI21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackay53 View Post
Have you downloaded the internet settings?

Wireless & networks > more... > internet settings
Yes I have I shall try again I think some people have said that the Internet on the network has been down today so ill try ASAP but will try again now

Kirkymole
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
I have tried to connect to 3 lte but it says it cannot iam on EXistenZ v5.0.0 rooted havnt recieved any carrier updates would returning to stock 4.3 fix this.
I am assuming you are referring to Hutchinson 3 UK (Three).

We don't currently have an LTE network, it is rumored to be live around the middle of 2015.
If it's broke, use a hammer. If that fails, you're not using a big enough hammer.

warface
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Not strictly true. 3 have started rolling out 4g to a few cities in the UK.
Reading and Leeds being two off the top of my head.
There's loads of info on their website about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
HTC Hero > Motorola Defy > SE Xperia Arc S > HTC Sensation > Xperia S > Xperia Z + Nexus 7

RJASSI21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by warface View Post
Not strictly true. 3 have started rolling out 4g to a few cities in the UK.
Reading and Leeds being two off the top of my head.
There's loads of info on their website about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Yes and I have checked the network coverage checker on the website and it says its available in the area and should be if my C6603 can find it in mobile networks apparently theres ment to be an update to update the carrier or something like iPhone does also I dont have the 4G option were nfc is I think I might try flashing stock 4.3 ftf and then try I thing my brother has the same problem and hes on eXistenZ for xperia Sp though so I could just be the rom

warface
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Yes and I have checked the network coverage checker on the website and it says its available in the area and should be if my C6603 can find it in mobile networks apparently theres ment to be an update to update the carrier or something like iPhone does also I dont have the 4G option were nfc is I think I might try flashing stock 4.3 ftf and then try I thing my brother has the same problem and hes on eXistenZ for xperia Sp though so I could just be the rom
Actually, it might be that your handset needs to be enabled by Three to actually connect. Might be worth giving Three a ring.

Your handset SHOULD be able to see 4g networks. Mine does, and I'm running the exact same rom.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > More > Mobile Networks > Network Operators. Your handset should then search for a while, and bring up a list of all the networks it can see, like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-30 08.58.15.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	2548281  
HTC Hero > Motorola Defy > SE Xperia Arc S > HTC Sensation > Xperia S > Xperia Z + Nexus 7

RJASSI21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by warface View Post
Actually, it might be that your handset needs to be enabled by Three to actually connect. Might be worth giving Three a ring.

Your handset SHOULD be able to see 4g networks. Mine does, and I'm running the exact same rom.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > More > Mobile Networks > Network Operators. Your handset should then search for a while, and bring up a list of all the networks it can see, like this:
It does so ill try contacting 3

Kirkymole
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Ok my bad, my info was off. I'm glad they finally have begun the roll out. Bring it to Bath
If it's broke, use a hammer. If that fails, you're not using a big enough hammer.