3 lte cannot connect

28th January 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

206 posts
More
I have tried to connect to 3 lte but it says it cannot iam on EXistenZ v5.0.0 rooted havnt recieved any carrier updates would returning to stock 4.3 fix this.
28th January 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

206 posts
More
It says could not connect to the selected network. Please make sure that the sim card is inserted or the selected network is available
28th January 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #3  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 51

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJASSI21

It says could not connect to the selected network. Please make sure that the sim card is inserted or the selected network is available

Have you downloaded the internet settings?

Wireless & networks > more... > internet settings
29th January 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackay53

Have you downloaded the internet settings?

Wireless & networks > more... > internet settings

Yes I have I shall try again I think some people have said that the Internet on the network has been down today so ill try ASAP but will try again now
29th January 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag Swindon
Thanks Meter: 61

358 posts
More
Quote:

I have tried to connect to 3 lte but it says it cannot iam on EXistenZ v5.0.0 rooted havnt recieved any carrier updates would returning to stock 4.3 fix this.

I am assuming you are referring to Hutchinson 3 UK (Three).

We don't currently have an LTE network, it is rumored to be live around the middle of 2015.
30th January 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #6  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 88

365 posts
More
Not strictly true. 3 have started rolling out 4g to a few cities in the UK.
Reading and Leeds being two off the top of my head.
There's loads of info on their website about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
30th January 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warface

Not strictly true. 3 have started rolling out 4g to a few cities in the UK.
Reading and Leeds being two off the top of my head.
There's loads of info on their website about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Yes and I have checked the network coverage checker on the website and it says its available in the area and should be if my C6603 can find it in mobile networks apparently theres ment to be an update to update the carrier or something like iPhone does also I dont have the 4G option were nfc is I think I might try flashing stock 4.3 ftf and then try I thing my brother has the same problem and hes on eXistenZ for xperia Sp though so I could just be the rom
30th January 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #8  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 88

365 posts
More
Quote:

Yes and I have checked the network coverage checker on the website and it says its available in the area and should be if my C6603 can find it in mobile networks apparently theres ment to be an update to update the carrier or something like iPhone does also I dont have the 4G option were nfc is I think I might try flashing stock 4.3 ftf and then try I thing my brother has the same problem and hes on eXistenZ for xperia Sp though so I could just be the rom

Actually, it might be that your handset needs to be enabled by Three to actually connect. Might be worth giving Three a ring.

Your handset SHOULD be able to see 4g networks. Mine does, and I'm running the exact same rom.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > More > Mobile Networks > Network Operators. Your handset should then search for a while, and bring up a list of all the networks it can see, like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-30 08.58.15.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	2548281  
30th January 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warface

Actually, it might be that your handset needs to be enabled by Three to actually connect. Might be worth giving Three a ring.

Your handset SHOULD be able to see 4g networks. Mine does, and I'm running the exact same rom.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > More > Mobile Networks > Network Operators. Your handset should then search for a while, and bring up a list of all the networks it can see, like this:

It does so ill try contacting 3
30th January 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #10  
Flag Swindon
Thanks Meter: 61

358 posts
More
Ok my bad, my info was off. I'm glad they finally have begun the roll out. Bring it to Bath

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread