Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 52,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Three (3) UK official firmwares

Tip us?

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1908
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards View Post
The latest 569 3uk build has lte enabled as default network, not sure why they'd have to release an OTA to enable 4g.

Fwiw I work in one of the original test areas, never picked up a 4g signal, but have had 30mb downloads at times..
I assume that 3 issued a blanket announcement that an update will be released to enable 4G when it's available, regardless of whether it's actually needed or not, as this is the second time recently that I've seen it mentioned here.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Stu308
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yes, they are doing a staged rollout. It has started in Manchester, Birmingham and somewhere else but only a few thousand people at a time to see how it goes.
They say you will get an update when your time comes to enable you to pick up the 4g signal when in a 4g area.
SONY XPERIA Z - 3

kingvortex
Old
(Last edited by kingvortex; 7th February 2014 at 02:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1908
Now I think about it, I would imagine that it would be a sim update rather than an update for the firmware on your phone.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Stu308
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yes,maybe. But didnt know if I would still get it being on a custom rom . It is a phone from 3 themselves though. Not to sure if it would update.
Can always revert back once I get it.
SONY XPERIA Z - 3

wonneil
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
The latest 569 3uk build has lte enabled as default network, not sure why they'd have to release an OTA to enable 4g.

Fwiw I work in one of the original test areas, never picked up a 4g signal, but have had 30mb downloads at times..
I have the generic UK 569 and don't have the option to select 4G in my preferred network mode, I had heard it was an OTA update from Three but not so sure now, I think I might have to go back to the stock rom as well if I don't get it next month (which is supposed to be the switch over).

Are you sure you never received the update OTA, it was only given to a selected few in a few cities?

fards
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 718

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonneil View Post
I have the generic UK 569 and don't have the option to select 4G in my preferred network mode, I had heard it was an OTA update from Three but not so sure now, I think I might have to go back to the stock rom as well if I don't get it next month (which is supposed to be the switch over).

Are you sure you never received the update OTA, it was only given to a selected few in a few cities?
I think I'd know if I had an OTA :P

no idea why you don't get 4g on the generic, I've just flashed the 101 build and it's allowing me to exactly the same as on every rom except the first original 3uk one (350?)
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?

Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.

wonneil
Old
(Last edited by wonneil; 11th February 2014 at 02:37 PM.) Reason: Just remembered
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
I think I'd know if I had an OTA :P

no idea why you don't get 4g on the generic, I've just flashed the 101 build and it's allowing me to exactly the same as on every rom except the first original 3uk one (350?)
Thanks, perhaps it has something to do with my sim then, if only there was more information from Three themselves! lol

I will keep my fingers crossed for some sort of update next month and then if nothing I'll take my phone back to the shop for them to look at

Edit: I think I must be getting OldTimers, just remembered (and looked back on my posts to confirm) that it is all down to the sim card, as when I took my sim out I get the option of selecting 4g
I have been waiting so long I completely forgot, now just have to hope that I do get some sort of sim update in the coming weeks...

wonneil
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Just had the update, was still 10.4.B.0.569 but now when I look at my network mode it states 4G (preferred)

Stu308
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonneil View Post
Just had the update, was still 10.4.B.0.569 but now when I look at my network mode it states 4G (preferred)
I didnt get a notification for an update it was just there one day using 4g.
My settings dont give me the option of 4g , just LTE prefered.
4g is working though as it has it at the top of the phone and my download speeds are around 30mb.
SONY XPERIA Z - 3