4.4.2 reboot issues?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5494300
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5494300

No matter which 4.4.2 I choose to install, I run into random reboots when the phone is locked. It never occurrs when the screen is awake. When it reboots it also refuses to go to recovery, unless it fully boots and then Restart it again. Is this a firmware issues? I got no clue what to do,

Orangewanted

Jun 3, 2014
No matter which 4.4.2 I choose to install, I run into random reboots when the phone is locked. It never occurrs when the screen is awake. When it reboots it also refuses to go to recovery, unless it fully boots and then Restart it again. Is this a firmware issues? I got no clue what to do,

Try to do a fresh installation. The firmware absolutely don't have this problem. :)

D

Deleted member 5494300

Try to do a fresh installation. The firmware absolutely don't have this problem. :)

Ive done this so many times, the only xposed module I have installe. Is xprivacy, idk whats going on, ive flashed according to fresh install instructions and still this problem happens. Tried stock, existenz and rom aura

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
Ive done this so many times, the only xposed module I have installe. Is xprivacy, idk whats going on, ive flashed according to fresh install instructions and still this problem happens. Tried stock, existenz and rom aura

do a complete wipe syatem,data,dalvik & cache and flash the rom
see if that does any good.also check if the xposed module is compatible with your firmware

D

Deleted member 5494300

see if that does any good.also check if the xposed module is compatible with your firmware

did that, currently i have GEM Xperia and Advanced Power. It may have been XPrivacy, or Unicon. Im gonna mess around and see if these were the cause.

D

Deleted member 5494300

got the system log

I had this with stock 4.3 often.
Not once on 4.4 though.
Weird.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

yeah, I decided to do another fresh install. I changed my stock ftf, and also downloaded the ROM again. But my phone is still bugging, I've attached a system log, I don't know much about development so I'm not sure if it even has the answer in it.

I've noticed it only resets if the the phone is locked, so I let the app record the log and just waited for it to reboot again.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    86.9 KB · Views: 14

niaboc79

Recognized Developer / Inactive RT
Sep 8, 2007
Enghien
www.nirvana-records.be
yeah, I decided to do another fresh install. I changed my stock ftf, and also downloaded the ROM again. But my phone is still bugging, I've attached a system log, I don't know much about development so I'm not sure if it even has the answer in it.

I've noticed it only resets if the the phone is locked, so I let the app record the log and just waited for it to reboot again.

Remove all Xposed modules.

Reactions: zirado
D

Deleted member 5494300

Did you find any solution?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

So far so good, system has been running for 24 hours [ new record for me ]

I had PM's @Rajeev for help. At first his instructions didnt work, then i realized my error.

So first, format phone from recovery [ complete wipe] and then install completely stock [ no root] 4.4.2
i used this one http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/ftf-10-5-0-230-c6602-c6603-journalist-t2759636

Once installed, use towelroot app to root. After root, install SuperSU from play store, and then install nut dual recovery.

next i flashed existenz, with NO WIPE. do not wipe using twrp or ready to install new rom using phils touch, just go ahead and flash the rom. So far no problems.

Once again thanks again to @Rajeev and @niaboc79

I have GEM, Serjar Xperia, and a couple of other xposed modules, and still no restart. will keep updated in case it happens.

Reactions: zirado

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
So far so good, system has been running for 24 hours [ new record for me ]

I had PM's @Rajeev for help. At first his instructions didnt work, then i realized my error.

So first, format phone from recovery [ complete wipe] and then install completely stock [ no root] 4.4.2
i used this one http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/ftf-10-5-0-230-c6602-c6603-journalist-t2759636

Once installed, use towelroot app to root. After root, install SuperSU from play store, and then install nut dual recovery.

next i flashed existenz, with NO WIPE. do not wipe using twrp or ready to install new rom using phils touch, just go ahead and flash the rom. So far no problems.

Once again thanks again to @Rajeev and @niaboc79

I have GEM, Serjar Xperia, and a couple of other xposed modules, and still no restart. will keep updated in case it happens.

Happy That U Solved Ur Problem.. Enjoy The ROM

D

Deleted member 5494300

PC companion issue?

@Rajeev
I have the c6606, and when installing the rom's my model number changes to c6603, which makes pc companion repair useless, any clue what can be done?

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
@Rajeev
I have the c6606, and when installing the rom's my model number changes to c6603, which makes pc companion repair useless, any clue what can be done?

After Flashing ROM Edit Ur Build.prop and change It Like This

##### Final patch of properties #####
ro.build.product=C6606
ro.build.description=C6606-user 4.4.2 10.5.A.0.230 Gf9_rQ release-keys

ro.product.brand=Sony
ro.product.name=C6606
ro.product.device=C6606
ro.build.version.incremental=Gf9_rQ
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Sony/C6606/C6606:4.4.2/10.5.A.0.230/Gf9_rQ:user/release-keys

##### Values from product package metadata #####
ro.semc.product.model=C6606
ro.semc.ms_type_id=PM-0270-BV
ro.semc.version.fs=GLOBAL-LTE
ro.semc.product.name=Xperia Z
ro.semc.product.device=C66
ro.product.model=C6606

D

Deleted member 5494300

After Flashing ROM Edit Ur Build.prop and change It Like This

##### Final patch of properties #####
ro.build.product=C6606
ro.build.description=C6606-user 4.4.2 10.5.A.0.230 Gf9_rQ release-keys

ro.product.brand=Sony
ro.product.name=C6606
ro.product.device=C6606
ro.build.version.incremental=Gf9_rQ
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Sony/C6606/C6606:4.4.2/10.5.A.0.230/Gf9_rQ:user/release-keys

##### Values from product package metadata #####
ro.semc.product.model=C6606
ro.semc.ms_type_id=PM-0270-BV
ro.semc.version.fs=GLOBAL-LTE
ro.semc.product.name=Xperia Z
ro.semc.product.device=C66
ro.product.model=C6606

thanks again :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

did that, currently i have GEM Xperia and Advanced Power. It may have been XPrivacy, or Unicon. Im gonna mess around and see if these were the cause.

may be particular module is causing issue
    I had this with stock 4.3 often.
    Not once on 4.4 though.
    Weird.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app