Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [4.4/KK][10.5.A.0.230] Android/data and obb folder on external sd card

OP andiling

22nd May 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Hi There,
I updated yesterday to KitKat (Commercial And Journalists version).
Since then I noticed that on the external storage Android creates folders such as Android/data, Android/obb and fills them up with several root folders for apps though they are not used. Within those root folders KitKat creates then a files, cache or files/cache folder which remains empty. In the obb section the root folder remains empty. Same is with DCIM which I don't need as I use internal storage for my photos.
Our XZ has enough internal storage which I use for all such things and I don't need to fill up my sd cards, which usually have media on it. If I use that card later in another device such as in my car I have that silly folders appearing...
Is there any chance to get rid of those empty directories and prevent Android doing so as it was no issue up to 4.3?
Thx for help!
Best Regards,
Andreas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-22-05-57-14.png
Views:	181
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	2756699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-22-05-57-30.png
Views:	144
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	2756700  
23rd May 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 636

3,799 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiling

Hi There,
I updated yesterday to KitKat (Commercial And Journalists version).
Since then I noticed that on the external storage Android creates folders such as Android/data, Android/obb and fills them up with several root folders for apps though they are not used. Within those root folders KitKat creates then a files, cache or files/cache folder which remains empty. In the obb section the root folder remains empty. Same is with DCIM which I don't need as I use internal storage for my photos.
Our XZ has enough internal storage which I use for all such things and I don't need to fill up my sd cards, which usually have media on it. If I use that card later in another device such as in my car I have that silly folders appearing...
Is there any chance to get rid of those empty directories and prevent Android doing so as it was no issue up to 4.3?
Thx for help!
Best Regards,
Andreas

Try a game with obb file. And put the obb in external sd then install apk. If the game worked so you got free internal to external app made from nothing LOL

Sorry for bad EN
25th May 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

Try a game with obb file. And put the obb in external sd then install apk. If the game worked so you got free internal to external app made from nothing LOL

Sorry for bad EN

Interesting idea... but it does not work. The app fc and only starts once I moved the obb part from external to internal.

If anyone has more ideas. (-:
25th May 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #4  
Flag here!

3,799 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Interesting idea... but it does not work. The app fc and only starts once I moved the obb part from external to internal.

If anyone has more ideas. (-:

App FC means the obb not found(sometimes the app say need to download bla bla...) So you should put them is internal memory.
If you installed any apps or games so Try delete all files and folders in android/data in your external card. After that if you see any of your apps is back as you installed them first time (means data wiped) so the apps data path is now in your external card
If you tried to put the OBB in the both external and internal and the app didnt worked so that means there is something wrong in your rom...
25th May 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

App FC means the obb not found(sometimes the app say need to download bla bla...) So you should put them is internal memory.
If you installed any apps or games so Try delete all files and folders in android/data in your external card. After that if you see any of your apps is back as you installed them first time (means data wiped) so the apps data path is now in your external card
If you tried to put the OBB in the both external and internal and the app didnt worked so that means there is something wrong in your rom...

oh, it works if the obb is in internal memory... but not external. This was in reply to your idea.

If I delete all folders (and there are only folders but no files in it) the system recreates them by time...
25th May 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #6  
Flag here!

3,799 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

oh, it works if the obb is in internal memory... but not external. This was in reply to your idea.

If I delete all folders (and there are only folders but no files in it) the system recreates them by time...

Thats really strange problem but flash your rom or try another ftf that all what i can say now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
data, external storage, kitkat, obb
Previous Thread Next Thread