Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 38,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No 4.4 update available for Xperia Z. Affected by Heartbleed Bug?

Tip us?

da Aryan Code
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] No 4.4 update available for Xperia Z. Affected by Heartbleed Bug?

Sony has started rolling out 4.4 update for Xperia Z but I'm not able to download it. I tried checking for it in Update center for wireless updates but still it was not there. I also tried checking with Sony PC Companion but it says your mobile/tablet is up to date.

Am I affected by Heartbleed Bug? I tried checking my device with Heartbleed Detector but it said The version of OpenSSL on your device is affected by the heartbleed bug. But vulnerable behavior is not enabled. Everything is ok.

I read the blog of lookout heartbleed detector (I'm not allowed to post it's link. But you can easily see it by typing Lookout Heartbleed Detector Blog in your search engine). It states -

Quote:
If your device is vulnerable, you can check in your Android settings to see if you have any System Updates. If you do, update your operating system to make sure you’re running the newest version of Android available for your device.

Unfortunately, if there are no updates available, there isn’t anything you can do. It’s up to the infrastructure teams behind the products and services you use to update their systems.
Plz help me. What to do?

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by da Aryan Code View Post
Sony has started rolling out 4.4 update for Xperia Z but I'm not able to download it. I tried checking for it in Update center for wireless updates but still it was not there. I also tried checking with Sony PC Companion but it says your mobile/tablet is up to date.

Am I affected by Heartbleed Bug? I tried checking my device with Heartbleed Detector but it said The version of OpenSSL on your device is affected by the heartbleed bug. But vulnerable behavior is not enabled. Everything is ok.

I read the blog of lookout heartbleed detector (I'm not allowed to post it's link. But you can easily see it by typing Lookout Heartbleed Detector Blog in your search engine). It states -

Plz help me. What to do?
DO NOT POST QUESTIONS IN THE GENERAL SECTION!!!!!!! Dude why don't you just read the forum rules??!!!!
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” - Mark Twain

alkesh95
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Wait and wait
Sony is going to release it soon
But you have to wait
Or flash nut's ftf

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Globally recognized N00B

MobileBritain
Old
(Last edited by MobileBritain; 30th May 2014 at 06:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
You are not impacted by the Heartbleed issue.

It potentially (note the word potentially) impacted some devices running 4.1.1 and 4.1.2.

It is mainly a server side vulnerability so you could argue that the risk to those devices is minimal (as in so close to zero it would be almost impossible to measure).

dizzyb0y
Old
Thanks Meter 5
try Sony Update Service a.k.a. SUS, its the same as Sony PC Companion, you can download it for free just google it.