64gb sd support?

OP sparkerjc

27th January 2013, 02:05 PM   |  #11  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,693

2,877 posts
Donate to Me
More
ext4 support is by default supported on Sony phones since 2012 models already use ext4 as the default format on system partitions. So using ext4 for sdcard would be only tweaking the vold.fstab file to mount it properly.
27th January 2013, 07:09 PM   |  #12  
Flag MECHELEN
Thanks Meter: 13

229 posts
More
ZL supports 64GB cards (specs from Sony), Z does not, only up to 32GB (also Sony specs).
I think it's best to wait until it is released and there will definitely be some people trying this.
I live in Belgium and I'd like to order the ZL but as far as I know now the ZL will not be available in Belgium.
I wait until release and if no ZL i will order the Z, for the moment I have a 32Gb card, I'll start of using this one and maybe in the future I'll have a look for a bigger card.
If it is not supported I also woder how they do it and maybe this can be avoided by installing a curstom rom one they become available.
On all my previous phones I installed cards bigger in size than officialy supported and up to now I never had any problem.
27th January 2013, 08:24 PM   |  #13  
Flag London, ON
Thanks Meter: 24

252 posts
More
Re: 64gb sd support?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashank

Maybe it'll have kernel support for NTFS and exFat. The Samsung Galaxy S3 and even the older S2 have it, so I'm hoping Sony includes it too. It's not really that big of a deal for manufacturers to add support for more formats, but some of them like HTC are very stubborn about it.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Unfortunately my ZL doesn't seem to support exFAT or NTFS. That could change before the release date, but as of right now no such luck.
27th January 2013, 11:43 PM   |  #14  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 3

71 posts
More
The french Sony Community manager has a 64gb Sandisk sdxc on his unit. It works...
Dunno how he formatted it but it works

http://www.planete-smartphones.fr/fo...ndpost&p=61027
Last edited by Gregz78; 27th January 2013 at 11:48 PM.
5th February 2013, 06:38 PM   |  #15  
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 222

763 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAVER117

I'm using a 64GB SanDisk MicroSDXC card in my ZL right now.

How is the audio on the ZL, is it louder and more bass than the sgs3 for example
6th February 2013, 01:48 AM   |  #16  
Flag London, ON
Thanks Meter: 24

252 posts
More
Re: 64gb sd support?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWSAMHTC

How is the audio on the ZL, is it louder and more bass than the sgs3 for example

Bass is quite good. The volume can also be turned up very loud, it seems to be much louder than my Nexus 4 or GS3.
6th February 2013, 05:54 AM   |  #17  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,693

2,877 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz78

The french Sony Community manager has a 64gb Sandisk sdxc on his unit. It works...
Dunno how he formatted it but it works

http://www.planete-smartphones.fr/fo...ndpost&p=61027

The exFAT is a windows propriety driver. So unless sony get's a license from windows then you'll get exFat support.

The NTFS is not a block type filesystem and is really bad if you're using it as a mass storage. You'll likely end up destroying your sdcard if you use NTFS for a long time so it's not enabled by default. But it would be easy to enable when devs get their hands on the kernel source.
6th February 2013, 10:26 AM   |  #18  
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 222

763 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAVER117

Bass is quite good. The volume can also be turned up very loud, it seems to be much louder than my Nexus 4 or GS3.

Thanks very much for the reply, here is hoping the Z is also the same. I cannot wait.
7th February 2013, 05:37 PM   |  #19  
Flag Galle
Thanks Meter: 88

648 posts
More
I think kernel might be able to support it, if I'm correct,
7th February 2013, 11:46 PM   |  #20  
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 905

1,389 posts
More
Unfortunately I cannot discuss unreleased products and previously posted content must be removed.
Last edited by Ambroos; 8th February 2013 at 05:40 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread