FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

64gb sd support?

8th February 2013, 11:28 AM |#21  
DarkKrypt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Re: 64gb sd support?
What about recording in 1080?
Will the mb/s be affected when recording and saving the file or that doesn't matter?
And, will the videos kbps quality be reduced?
Also once youve recorded in 1080 for xx amount of time and you have a file thats over 4gb, will the fat32 be able to transfer that file onto a pc?

Thanks everyone, another user from esato.com - im still there
Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
 
 
10th February 2013, 02:06 AM |#22  
xiFIL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkerjc

Hello,

I saw this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1909697 and http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/14...-memory-cards/

and I wonder if the Z will support 64gb sd cards. Overall it looks like a great phone but with only 16gb internal, I would never even consider it without 64gb support. Thoughts?

BTW, I searched all the forums and it doesn't look like its been talked about much.

I can now confirm the xperia Z is working with a 64GB micro SD card. I work at vodafone HQ in London, we have the final version of the device and we are currently testing the device with our network and apps ect. My boss was demonstrating the device to interns and other technical officals, and when i went on his demo device, i seen that he had a 64GB class 10 HDHC micro sd card. I think its due to the way the card is formatted, i think he formatted using exFAT, and NOT fat32, i am yet to confirm this but this is amazing news !!
The Following User Says Thank You to xiFIL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2013, 04:12 AM |#23  
Senior Member
Flag Galle
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiFIL

I can now confirm the xperia Z is working with a 64GB micro SD card. I work at vodafone HQ in London, we have the final version of the device and we are currently testing the device with our network and apps ect. My boss was demonstrating the device to interns and other technical officals, and when i went on his demo device, i seen that he had a 64GB class 10 HDHC micro sd card. I think its due to the way the card is formatted, i think he formatted using exFAT, and NOT fat32, i am yet to confirm this but this is amazing news !!

so you're telling that it was formatted to exFAT??? awesome, so we can now peacefully buy 64GB class 10 micro sd card.
10th February 2013, 06:45 AM |#24  
REAVER117's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London, ON
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Re: 64gb sd support?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterr

so you're telling that it was formatted to exFAT??? awesome, so we can now peacefully buy 64GB class 10 micro sd card.

exFAT didn't work for me... Perhaps that Z is running newer firmware, mine is dated January 4th.
10th February 2013, 11:33 AM |#25  
ethan3686's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
so we just have to format it via the XZ to make 64gb acceptable?
10th February 2013, 11:40 AM |#26  
Senior Member
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 906
 
More
Re: 64gb sd support?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686

so we just have to format it via the XZ to make 64gb acceptable?

That should make it work yeah!

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium
10th February 2013, 12:17 PM |#27  
AayushDhuria's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 470
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686

so we just have to format it via the XZ to make 64gb acceptable?

Yes, that formats it in Fat32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos

That should make it work yeah!

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

And currently, all androids only support fat32 in external sd. CM is trying to support ext4 too, exfat is MS's propriety, and you can't distribute a phone which supports exfat without paying MS.
10th February 2013, 12:26 PM |#28  
xiFIL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAVER117

exFAT didn't work for me... Perhaps that Z is running newer firmware, mine is dated January 4th.

Try updating to the new firmware released yesterday. Also i will try and ask my boss how he got his to work! At least we know the xperia Z DEFO's works with 64GB, just need to try and get it to work!
10th February 2013, 12:53 PM |#29  
RCJ89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
What new firmware was released today.
10th February 2013, 02:25 PM |#30  
xiFIL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R89SONY

What new firmware was released today.

Bug fixes and software enchantments !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes