Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

64gb sd support?

Tip us?

g-alone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush66 View Post
I bought my Sandisk 64GB microSDXC Class 10 from a local store at SGD69.90.
I wonder if the formatting the 64gb microSDXC with fat32 decreases the speed of the memory card (reading/writing) for instance to record HD videos , as it mentioned Sandisk class 10 has speed of 30mb/s ?
looking forward to your answers

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1637

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-alone View Post
I wonder if the formatting the 64gb microSDXC with fat32 decreases the speed of the memory card (reading/writing) for instance to record HD videos , as it mentioned Sandisk class 10 has speed of 30mb/s ?
looking forward to your answers
Yes it does! And shockingly by almost 7-8folds

I tried using my 64gb microSDXC with a UHS adapter and connect it on my PC(before I formatted it to fat32) and write speeds were 20+mb then after I formatted it to fat32 it barely even reach 5mb lol!

g-alone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
Yes it does! And shockingly by almost 7-8folds

I tried using my 64gb microSDXC with a UHS adapter and connect it on my PC(before I formatted it to fat32) and write speeds were 20+mb then after I formatted it to fat32 it barely even reach 5mb lol!
So I have to choose between size Or speed! Tough situation! :-S

jigarpatel22
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-alone View Post
So I have to choose between size Or speed! Tough situation! :-S
Same does not happen for less size memory card i.e. 32 GB ?

ethan3686
Old
Thanks Meter 92
get a class 10 MIcro sd card..i dont it has anything to do with how u format it!

g-alone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
get a class 10 MIcro sd card..i dont it has anything to do with how u format it!
Do you mean it doesnt matter how you format your memory as long as it is Class 10? it will be the same speed in exfat or fat32?
I meant Sandisk MicrosdXC 64gb class 10
As I want to buy Sandisk microsdhc 32gb or microsdxc 64gb for Xperia Z :-s !

Ambroos
Old
Thanks Meter 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
Different filesystems can affect the speed of your card. It depends on multiple factors like the drivers used, how the filesystem was designed, ...
Sony Xperia Z2 - D6503, black
Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE - SGP321, black
Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903, black, backup

Huge Sony (Ericsson) fan.
J210i, K320i, G705, Arc, Elm, Neo, Arc S, Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z2

g-alone
Old
(Last edited by g-alone; 20th February 2013 at 12:16 PM.) Reason: I have copied same thing two times in this post
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos View Post
Different filesystems can affect the speed of your card. It depends on multiple factors like the drivers used, how the filesystem was designed, ...

Today I have found this on Xperia.jp website in FAQ section.It mentioned on nttdocomo website as well.!
It's translated by google : " Please tell us about the situation of microSD support?
The Xperia Z SO-02E, (January 2013) in addition to (2GB), support microSD cards of up to 2GB of commercial, microSDHC card up to 32GB, the microSDXC card up to 64GB microSDHC included. Please contact the publishers to microSD / SDHC / SDXC memory cards, memory card for, thank you."

I couldn't give you the link as I didn't have 10 posts here but you can find it on FAQ xperia.jp if you want to see it

this is the question : microSDの対応状況を教えてください

DazzaP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any of you guys using the 64gb cards tried running any games, videos, music or apps from it?

Was just about to order myself a card in anticipation of receiving the XZ next week when I read this from an Ebay listing -
"**** We experienced high failure rate for devices of Android 4.0 for 64GB or 128GB cards. If you are using Android 4.0, DO NOT ORDER from us since it will probably fail in your device."

I know the XZ is running 4.1 so the above disclaimer may be a moot point. Any info would help clarification. Cheers

hush66
Old
Thanks Meter 358
Default Re: 64gb sd support?

No problems playing music and videos from my 64GB card.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2