Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ADB is not working for Sony Xperia Z (6602)

Tip us?

clozaps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ADB is not working for Sony Xperia Z (6602)

I bought a Sony Xperia Z. Earlier I was using Sony Xperia Ray for development and it was working fine. But with Xperia Z, I am struggling to detect the device using adb.

I found several links to make it fix but no luck. ( Sorry I still do not have permission to post those links.)

My OS is Windows Vista 32 bit home edition.

I installed PC companion and it is able to connect with the phone. But once I enable USB debugging mode, Windows shows "Found new hardware" dialog. When "Locate and install driver software" is selected it says software is successfully installed. But in the device manager it is shown under Other devices as 6602 with a exclamation.

It gives an empty list for "adb devices"

Is there anyone having a Xperia Z successfully connected with adb?

Sameera

Ben Ling
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 6389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clozaps View Post
I bought a Sony Xperia Z. Earlier I was using Sony Xperia Ray for development and it was working fine. But with Xperia Z, I am struggling to detect the device using adb.

I found several links to make it fix but no luck. ( Sorry I still do not have permission to post those links.)

My OS is Windows Vista 32 bit home edition.

I installed PC companion and it is able to connect with the phone. But once I enable USB debugging mode, Windows shows "Found new hardware" dialog. When "Locate and install driver software" is selected it says software is successfully installed. But in the device manager it is shown under Other devices as 6602 with a exclamation.

It gives an empty list for "adb devices"

Is there anyone having a Xperia Z successfully connected with adb?

Sameera
Do you installed adb drivers for the Xperia Z?

You should use Windows 7,it's better a lot...

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z using XDA Premium

Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work

clozaps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling View Post
Do you installed adb drivers for the Xperia Z?

You should use Windows 7,it's better a lot...

Isn't it supposed to be installed along with PC companion ?

Anyway I tried to find adb driver but could not find an exact match with c6602. There was one named as "Xperia_Z_driver" in developer sonymobile dot com. I am not clear how it should be installed. I tried updating the device in Device Manager and pointing to this location. But it gives the following error.

The folder you specified doesn't contain compatible software driver for your device. .....

Another thing is I still did not update Andriod SDK. It is the next item on my list. Does it matters ?

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1885
This driver pack contains ADB drivers for the Z. It helped when I had problems with drivers.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

clozaps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
This driver pack contains ADB drivers for the Z. It helped when I had problems with drivers.

Thanks. I tried installing this but still no luck. Do I have to do anything other than installing this ? (Note that I have selected Xperia Z drivers check box while installing this.)

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1885
It's some time since I installed them, but I think the ADB drivers are a separate entry at the bottom of the list. I'm not at my PC, so can't check.

clozaps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK. I got it working on a Win 7 64 bit machine. So there should be nothing wrong with the phone. But still its not working with Vista 32 bit. Is it because there is no driver for 32 bit OS?

Ben Ling
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 6389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clozaps View Post
OK. I got it working on a Win 7 64 bit machine. So there should be nothing wrong with the phone. But still its not working with Vista 32 bit. Is it because there is no driver for 32 bit OS?
I think it's not compatible with Windows Vista.

Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work