5,593,587 Members 38,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android version of the new Xperia Z??

Tip us?

vhl71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Default Android version of the new Xperia Z??

Just bought a new Bell xperia Z - but the android version is 4.1.2. Called bell and they said that is the official version. But I bought a used Bell ZL from kijiji before and it had 4.2.2 not sure how.
When i called sony they said they have released 4.2.2 for bell xperia z but the updates are done in some order so thats why i'm not getting it yet - i have to wait for it.

I've looked in XDA forums for the official bell version of 4.2.2 couldn't find it. Can anyone help here? My model is C6616

vhl71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhl71 View Post
Just bought a new Bell xperia Z - but the android version is 4.1.2. Called bell and they said that is the official version. But I bought a used Bell ZL from kijiji before and it had 4.2.2 not sure how.
When i called sony they said they have released 4.2.2 for bell xperia z but the updates are done in some order so thats why i'm not getting it yet - i have to wait for it.

I've looked in XDA forums for the official bell version of 4.2.2 couldn't find it. Can anyone help here? My model is C6616
No one here from Bell canada to comment?

armyofpunk
Old
Thanks Meter 19
There is a thread on here for is bell users. To get a new firmware you have to flash one of the generic firmwares off here. I'm currently on 4.3 but my phone thinks its a C6603 lol

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app