Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 40,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anti shatter film wear and tear

Tip us?

demon2112
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 159
Default Anti shatter film wear and tear

Hi all,
I have noticed that my asf is wearing on the right side of the screen because of my thumb/nail is always scrolling on the same spot, if o remove my asf then im naked on the screen so the wear would be less,
I have a galaxy nexus a few years now and the glass doesnt have any. Wear on. It of my scrolling finger

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1918
This is why I put a good quality screen protector over the anti shatter film.
Removing the asf increases the risk of the screen, well, shattering when dropped and the Sony logo is on the film and therefore lost when removing it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

demon2112
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 159
I couldnt care less of the logo hahah as long i know its a sony the thing is... If i put a protector on it now im putting it on a damaged piece so likelwy it wouldend be a nice thing to see hahah

demon2112
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 159
Btw when i look at the ear piece (speaker) i can see clearly like there are 2 films on top of eachother? Whats that all about 0_o

kingvortex
Old
(Last edited by kingvortex; 16th March 2014 at 12:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1918
Well, the logo is also a secondary concern to me. It will aid resale value though, I think.
I'm more concerned about the real reason it's on there, which is the anti shatter property.
I got front and back screen protectors included in box anyway, so they went straight on the phone before I even powered it up.

Edit - One of the layers that you can see may be the digitiser. I believe that's very thin. I cannot be sure though, as I can only see the asf and screen protector on mine and I'm not 100% certain on how the screen is assembled.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

demon2112
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 159
Thats just thw thing....im from the netherlands and didnt have any films in my box ahaah and im notnplanning on re selling my phone so thats also a secondary for me

demon2112
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 159
Well i removed my ASF and i can really recommand to everyone,much smooter,brighter more vibrant screen coulors and very slick front
And if i let my phone fall and breaks the screen so be it,with the film on it it will break to the only differents is that al the piecies aer stil on the phone hahah