Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anti shatter film wear and tear

OP demon2112

16th March 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 190

1,684 posts
Hi all,
I have noticed that my asf is wearing on the right side of the screen because of my thumb/nail is always scrolling on the same spot, if o remove my asf then im naked on the screen so the wear would be less,
I have a galaxy nexus a few years now and the glass doesnt have any. Wear on. It of my scrolling finger

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk
16th March 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,129

4,227 posts
More
This is why I put a good quality screen protector over the anti shatter film.
Removing the asf increases the risk of the screen, well, shattering when dropped and the Sony logo is on the film and therefore lost when removing it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
16th March 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,684 posts
I couldnt care less of the logo hahah as long i know its a sony the thing is... If i put a protector on it now im putting it on a damaged piece so likelwy it wouldend be a nice thing to see hahah

16th March 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

1,684 posts
Btw when i look at the ear piece (speaker) i can see clearly like there are 2 films on top of eachother? Whats that all about 0_o

16th March 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,129

4,227 posts
More
Well, the logo is also a secondary concern to me. It will aid resale value though, I think.
I'm more concerned about the real reason it's on there, which is the anti shatter property.
I got front and back screen protectors included in box anyway, so they went straight on the phone before I even powered it up.

Edit - One of the layers that you can see may be the digitiser. I believe that's very thin. I cannot be sure though, as I can only see the asf and screen protector on mine and I'm not 100% certain on how the screen is assembled.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Last edited by kingvortex; 16th March 2014 at 01:21 PM.
16th March 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

1,684 posts
Thats just thw thing....im from the netherlands and didnt have any films in my box ahaah and im notnplanning on re selling my phone so thats also a secondary for me

16th March 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

1,684 posts
Well i removed my ASF and i can really recommand to everyone,much smooter,brighter more vibrant screen coulors and very slick front
And if i let my phone fall and breaks the screen so be it,with the film on it it will break to the only differents is that al the piecies aer stil on the phone hahah

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread