5,596,700 Members 46,060 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What bands does the Xperia Z have?

Tip us?

mtmerrick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Default What bands does the Xperia Z have?

I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information Throughout the internet. Does the Xperia Z have the required bands to operate on T-Mobile 3G/4G, or not?
Not talking about HSPA+42, which is still only in some select areas. Talking about standard T-Mo 4G, using the 1700mHz and 2100mHz bands.

Thanks in advance.

My Comprehensive Android Buyer's Guide

Main Device:
Bootloader Unlocked VZW Note II running Paranoid Android 4.2 Beta 3

Other Devices:
Toshiba L505 (PC), Samsung Chromebook (ARM), Iconia A500 (Tablet), Droid Charge, Droid X2 (dead), LG Vortex (bootlooping)

xxbugxx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The Z doesn't have the required bands for t-mobile LTE, the c6602 model only has the 1700 and 2100 bands for HSPA. However, the c6506 model of the ZL has both the 1700 and 2100 band required for t-mobile's LTE/HSPA.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxbugxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mtmerrick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbugxx View Post
The Z doesn't have the required bands for t-mobile LTE, the c6602 model only has the 1700 and 2100 bands for HSPA. However, the c6506 model of the ZL has both the 1700 and 2100 band required for t-mobile's LTE/HSPA.
Oh, that's awesome. I personally much prefer the ZL to the Z anyways. When/where will that version of the ZL be avaliable, does anyone know?

My Comprehensive Android Buyer's Guide

Main Device:
Bootloader Unlocked VZW Note II running Paranoid Android 4.2 Beta 3

Other Devices:
Toshiba L505 (PC), Samsung Chromebook (ARM), Iconia A500 (Tablet), Droid Charge, Droid X2 (dead), LG Vortex (bootlooping)