FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Battery charging takes 4 hrs for full charging after kitkat update

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By aniket4562000, Junior Member on 12th July 2014, 08:10 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i have updated my Xperia Z to kitkat (4.4.2) thru pc companion, after update my mobile takes more than 4 hrs for full charging using stock charger received with mobile. earlier in JB it tooks approx 2 hrs. and also during charging mobile gets very hot CPU-Z shows temperature during charging is 48 deg C. earlier during charging it was max reached till 32 deg C. i have checked with samsung charger too but still facing same problem. kindly help

12th July 2014, 09:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket4562000

i have updated my Xperia Z to kitkat (4.4.2) thru pc companion, after update my mobile takes more than 4 hrs for full charging using stock charger received with mobile. earlier in JB it tooks approx 2 hrs. and also during charging mobile gets very hot CPU-Z shows temperature during charging is 48 deg C. earlier during charging it was max reached till 32 deg C. i have checked with samsung charger too but still facing same problem. kindly help

If you are rooted reset the battery stats.
If not rooted try factory resetting the phone.
12th July 2014, 02:29 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Does your battery drain fast? Maybe you've got some apps running constantly and keep waking your phone all time. Try diagnose with Wakelock detector, see what's keeping the phone fully loaded.

Another possible reason could be the usb cable that you're using is not capable of transferring enough amount of electricity. (some can only transfer 500mah which is way too low)

Anyways, to what you described, I believe your phone is pretty much heavily loaded at all time. Try these two methods and find out what went wrong. Good luck
12th July 2014, 06:16 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,193

More
Quote:

Voltages doesn't change from firmware to firmware.. They are all default to all fw's except for few important things.. Although Charging is much faster in KK, it takes 2.30 hours to charge from 5-100%.. I don't have any problems.. And i recommend u use the Sony original charger and a different power socket.. Maybe its voltage problem in your house.. Try charging elsewhere(Ex: Friend's house or Office) and see..
13th July 2014, 07:46 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
thanks to all of you, today im reseting phone. lets hope for the best..
16th July 2014, 08:29 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
thanks to all of you for immediate reply. i did my hard reset for phone now it works fine. but battery drains faster compare to android 4.3.
also facing some problem for sygic india maps it gets download but still showing need to download map.
16th July 2014, 08:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Quote:

thanks to all of you for immediate reply. i did my hard reset for phone now it works fine. but battery drains faster compare to android 4.3.
also facing some problem for sygic india maps it gets download but still showing need to download map.

update google play services to the latest version
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)