Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,229 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bell XPERIA C6616

Tip us?

akyboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Bell XPERIA C6616

Hi guys,

I am having trouble restarting stock c6616 into recover mode?
Read so many articles, watched several videos on YT, but i cannot get it working.
Most of instruction will say TurnOff phone, turno on, wait for led and keep pressing volume up, problem is LED is not lit at all on my phone.

I also tried to reboot to recover via ADB , phone will just restart.

Any ideas?

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by akyboy View Post
Hi guys,

I am having trouble restarting stock c6616 into recover mode?
Read so many articles, watched several videos on YT, but i cannot get it working.
Most of instruction will say TurnOff phone, turno on, wait for led and keep pressing volume up, problem is LED is not lit at all on my phone.

I also tried to reboot to recover via ADB , phone will just restart.

Any ideas?
You need to have a custom recovery installed to access that feature.... Do you have one installed?
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” - Mark Twain

akyboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90 View Post
You need to have a custom recovery installed to access that feature.... Do you have one installed?

Thanks for answer Jimmy

Tried to install dual recover for locked bootloader too,.. same thing, flashed successfully (at least it was saying that) and cant do nothing.

This is my 5th Android phone, and it is biggest pain to unlock/root/flash so far.

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Thanks for answer Jimmy

Tried to install dual recover for locked bootloader too,.. same thing, flashed successfully (at least it was saying that) and cant do nothing.

This is my 5th Android phone, and it is biggest pain to unlock/root/flash so far.
Is your phone rooted?
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” - Mark Twain

akyboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Is your phone rooted?
Ok ok,.. looks like i got it working, i re-flashed that Dual Recovery and i was able to start TWRP now.

Another question if you dont mind, my bootloader is locked (as i know) can i still flash Custom roms?

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Ok ok,.. looks like i got it working, i re-flashed that Dual Recovery and i was able to start TWRP now.

Another question if you dont mind, my bootloader is locked (as i know) can i still flash Custom roms?
No you can't. Custom roms like PA, OMNI, Cyanogenmod need a custom kernel. It is not possible to flash a custom kernel on a locked bootloader. You can still flash stock based roms though. If you search in the development section you will find some. They are marked with "LB"

akyboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
No you can't. Custom roms like PA, OMNI, Cyanogenmod need a custom kernel. It is not possible to flash a custom kernel on a locked bootloader. You can still flash stock based roms though. If you search in the development section you will find some. They are marked with "LB"
Thanks

LB, Locked boot-loader.

I also tried to unlock it, but im getting message that boot-loader cannot be officially unlocked. So i guess im out of luck unlocking it?

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Thanks

LB, Locked boot-loader.

I also tried to unlock it, but im getting message that boot-loader cannot be officially unlocked. So i guess im out of luck unlocking it?
Correct.
You can check it in service menu if you bootloader is unlockable. Open dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#*
Go to service info > configuratoin. If it shows "bootloader unlock allowed: no" you won't be able to unlock it

akyboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Checked that! , out of luck for me :/

Ok, trying to figure out LB Rom installation instruction.

I will give a try http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...-10-4-t2349656

This one,.. i guess its most popular for xperia

Tuckycv
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Thanks for answer Jimmy

Which locket dual recovery file did you use? I'm having a paint too trying to root my Xperi Z C6616 and have find little to no help. THanks in advance.