Bell XPERIA C6616

Search This thread

akyboy

Nov 27, 2007
Hi guys,

I am having trouble restarting stock c6616 into recover mode?
Read so many articles, watched several videos on YT, but i cannot get it working.
Most of instruction will say TurnOff phone, turno on, wait for led and keep pressing volume up, problem is LED is not lit at all on my phone.

I also tried to reboot to recover via ADB , phone will just restart.

Any ideas?

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
Hi guys,

I am having trouble restarting stock c6616 into recover mode?
Read so many articles, watched several videos on YT, but i cannot get it working.
Most of instruction will say TurnOff phone, turno on, wait for led and keep pressing volume up, problem is LED is not lit at all on my phone.

I also tried to reboot to recover via ADB , phone will just restart.

Any ideas?

You need to have a custom recovery installed to access that feature.... Do you have one installed?

akyboy

Nov 27, 2007
You need to have a custom recovery installed to access that feature.... Do you have one installed?

Thanks for answer Jimmy

Tried to install dual recover for locked bootloader too,.. same thing, flashed successfully (at least it was saying that) and cant do nothing.

This is my 5th Android phone, and it is biggest pain to unlock/root/flash so far.

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
Ok ok,.. looks like i got it working, i re-flashed that Dual Recovery and i was able to start TWRP now.

Another question if you dont mind, my bootloader is locked (as i know) can i still flash Custom roms?

No you can't. Custom roms like PA, OMNI, Cyanogenmod need a custom kernel. It is not possible to flash a custom kernel on a locked bootloader. You can still flash stock based roms though. If you search in the development section you will find some. They are marked with "LB"

akyboy

Nov 27, 2007
No you can't. Custom roms like PA, OMNI, Cyanogenmod need a custom kernel. It is not possible to flash a custom kernel on a locked bootloader. You can still flash stock based roms though. If you search in the development section you will find some. They are marked with "LB"

Thanks

LB, Locked boot-loader.

I also tried to unlock it, but im getting message that boot-loader cannot be officially unlocked. So i guess im out of luck unlocking it?

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
Thanks

LB, Locked boot-loader.

I also tried to unlock it, but im getting message that boot-loader cannot be officially unlocked. So i guess im out of luck unlocking it?

Correct.
You can check it in service menu if you bootloader is unlockable. Open dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#*
Go to service info > configuratoin. If it shows "bootloader unlock allowed: no" you won't be able to unlock it

Tuckycv

Oct 22, 2012
León
Thanks for answer Jimmy

Tried to install dual recover for locked bootloader too,.. same thing, flashed successfully (at least it was saying that) and cant do nothing.

This is my 5th Android phone, and it is biggest pain to unlock/root/flash so far.

Which locket dual recovery file did you use? I'm having a paint too trying to root my Xperi Z C6616 and have find little to no help. THanks in advance.