[Q] Bootloader

OP Laurisss

4th May 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Hello,
so do you guys have a thread about bootloader unlocking? Didn't find it.
And do i need to unlock it? Just root and install recovery? Like in this rom thread forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/development/rom-existenz-v5-0-0-ultra-edition-10-4-t2349656 (i can't post clickable links yet)
And scroll down to how to install the rom and there it just is - install some firmware with flashtool, root and install recovery. Where is the bootloader stuff? Or it depends from the rom? help.
4th May 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 58

289 posts
More
developer.Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurisss

Hello,
so do you guys have a thread about bootloader unlocking? Didn't find it.
And do i need to unlock it? Just root and install recovery? Like in this rom thread forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/development/rom-existenz-v5-0-0-ultra-edition-10-4-t2349656 (i can't post clickable links yet)
And scroll down to how to install the rom and there it just is - install some firmware with flashtool, root and install recovery. Where is the bootloader stuff? Or it depends from the rom? help.

u can find it at Sony developer site
4th May 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger001

u can find it at Sony developer site

y

So bootloader unlocking is a must? as in the first post the link to the rom i gave was how to install but only firmware flash root and install cwm than install rom. ??
4th May 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #4  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 2,591

3,656 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurisss

y

So bootloader unlocking is a must? as in the first post the link to the rom i gave was how to install but only firmware flash root and install cwm than install rom. ??

You only need an unlocked bootloader for non-stock based roms, such as Cyanogenmod, Paranoid Android, AOSP etc and those based off them, as they need a custom kernel.

Stock based custom roms do not require an unlocked bootloader, as long as they use an unmodified stock kernel. The rom thread will specify if you need an unlocked bootloader in most cases.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
4th May 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

You only need an unlocked bootloader for non-stock based roms, such as Cyanogenmod, Paranoid Android, AOSP etc and those based off them, as they need a custom kernel.

Stock based custom roms do not require an unlocked bootloader, as long as they use an unmodified stock kernel. The rom thread will specify if you need an unlocked bootloader in most cases.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks for your help

Did anyone use the eXistenZ rom ? forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/development/rom-existenz-v5-0-0-ultra-edition-10-4-t2349656
Can i change the red theme like showed in the screenshots? Is there some settings or a theme engine? Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread