Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,730 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloader

Tip us?
 
Laurisss
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: May 2014
Question [Q] Bootloader

Hello,
so do you guys have a thread about bootloader unlocking? Didn't find it.
And do i need to unlock it? Just root and install recovery? Like in this rom thread forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/development/rom-existenz-v5-0-0-ultra-edition-10-4-t2349656 (i can't post clickable links yet)
And scroll down to how to install the rom and there it just is - install some firmware with flashtool, root and install recovery. Where is the bootloader stuff? Or it depends from the rom? help.
 
slogger001
Old
#2  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 266
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Patna/Bihar/India
Default developer.Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurisss View Post
Hello,
so do you guys have a thread about bootloader unlocking? Didn't find it.
And do i need to unlock it? Just root and install recovery? Like in this rom thread forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/development/rom-existenz-v5-0-0-ultra-edition-10-4-t2349656 (i can't post clickable links yet)
And scroll down to how to install the rom and there it just is - install some firmware with flashtool, root and install recovery. Where is the bootloader stuff? Or it depends from the rom? help.
u can find it at Sony developer site
Device:- χρєяια тιρσ

☞๓ұ ∂єνιє αu ☜

RΩM:- □ѕтσк ιѕ ■υѕтσм 尺m (cm 10)

Яσσт:- ■яσσтє∂ □υияσσтє∂

Вσσтℓσα∂єя:- □ℓσкє∂ ■υиℓσкє∂

яєσνєяу:- ■ωм □тωяρ

нιт тнαикѕ αℓѕσ
 
Laurisss
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: May 2014
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger001 View Post
u can find it at Sony developer site
y


So bootloader unlocking is a must? as in the first post the link to the rom i gave was how to install but only firmware flash root and install cwm than install rom. ??
 
kingvortex
Old
#4  
kingvortex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1915
Posts: 2,898
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nottingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurisss View Post
y


So bootloader unlocking is a must? as in the first post the link to the rom i gave was how to install but only firmware flash root and install cwm than install rom. ??
You only need an unlocked bootloader for non-stock based roms, such as Cyanogenmod, Paranoid Android, AOSP etc and those based off them, as they need a custom kernel.

Stock based custom roms do not require an unlocked bootloader, as long as they use an unmodified stock kernel. The rom thread will specify if you need an unlocked bootloader in most cases.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
 
Laurisss
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: May 2014
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
You only need an unlocked bootloader for non-stock based roms, such as Cyanogenmod, Paranoid Android, AOSP etc and those based off them, as they need a custom kernel.

Stock based custom roms do not require an unlocked bootloader, as long as they use an unmodified stock kernel. The rom thread will specify if you need an unlocked bootloader in most cases.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Ok, thanks for your help

Did anyone use the eXistenZ rom ? forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/development/rom-existenz-v5-0-0-ultra-edition-10-4-t2349656
Can i change the red theme like showed in the screenshots? Is there some settings or a theme engine? Thanks!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes