Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 51,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloader unlock allowed: YES

Tip us?

nemer12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Default Bootloader unlock allowed: YES

So..my xperia z (first one) had some problems with the back and water got in, and oRange gave me another new one back..

The thing is that the new one has " bootloader unlock allowed: yes"...

If its yes..this means that I can install a recovery without losing my waranty...and the bootloader is unlocked ? Or what
Ericsson T628i - > Siemens A55 - > SPV C500(AKA HTC with Windows Mobile 2003) - > Nokia 7360 L'amour Edition - > Sony Ericsson K800 - > Sony Ericsson W910 - > Sony Ericsson K850 - > Sony Ericsson W910 - > Sony Ericsson W960 - > Nokia E66 - > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 - > Nokia 2310 (WTF) - > Iphone 3GS - > Iphone 4 - > Iphone...4 - > Sony Xperia S - > HTC ONE X -> Sony Xperia T -> Sony Xperia Z

make.believe

gordo79
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemer12 View Post
So..my xperia z (first one) had some problems with the back and water got in, and oRange gave me another new one back..

The thing is that the new one has " bootloader unlock allowed: yes"...

If its yes..this means that I can install a recovery without losing my waranty...and the bootloader is unlocked ? Or what
No it means that you can unlock your bootloader which will void your warranty and enable you to install custom kernels but remember to back up your ta partition before unlocking. Custom recovery can be installed on a locked bootloader anyway.

Sent from my SGP311 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to gordo79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nemer12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
you mean that before when was NO I could not unlock bootloader??

Neah...always I lost my warranty with my phones and I need sometimes the waranty..esspecialy at sony phone(Sony Xperia S/T/Z)

Thx for answer .
Ericsson T628i - > Siemens A55 - > SPV C500(AKA HTC with Windows Mobile 2003) - > Nokia 7360 L'amour Edition - > Sony Ericsson K800 - > Sony Ericsson W910 - > Sony Ericsson K850 - > Sony Ericsson W910 - > Sony Ericsson W960 - > Nokia E66 - > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 - > Nokia 2310 (WTF) - > Iphone 3GS - > Iphone 4 - > Iphone...4 - > Sony Xperia S - > HTC ONE X -> Sony Xperia T -> Sony Xperia Z

make.believe

gordo79
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemer12 View Post
you mean that before when was NO I could not unlock bootloader??

Neah...always I lost my warranty with my phones and I need sometimes the waranty..esspecialy at sony phone(Sony Xperia S/T/Z)

Thx for answer .
Thats correct also flashing your ta backup will relock the bootloader for warranty

Sent from my SGP311 using xda app-developers app