Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Bootloader Won't Unlock

OP KyronTaylor

9th April 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #1  
KyronTaylor's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Soo, trying to unlock my C6603 bootloader via adb however I'm having some problems.

- I'm getting "Failed" and then if I try a second time "Okay" (connected properly, returned version 0.5)
- Then I'm stuck in a bootloop and cannot turn my phone back on and need to wipe my data.
- Note: Bootloader Unlock Allowed: Yes

Any ideas?...
9th April 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #2  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 142
 
611 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyronTaylor

Soo, trying to unlock my C6603 bootloader via adb however I'm having some problems.

- I'm getting "Failed" and then if I try a second time "Okay" (connected properly, returned version 0.5)
- Then I'm stuck in a bootloop and cannot turn my phone back on and need to wipe my data.
- Note: Bootloader Unlock Allowed: Yes

Any ideas?...

Which operation system are you using? Did you follow the steps on the sony webpage?
9th April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #3  
KyronTaylor's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
4.3 Rooted (Using the steps on this forum.) I did try to unlock the bootloader previous to rooting the phone and still the same problem..

Here are screenshots of my settings and (cropped) service menu for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397061906954.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	2677114   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397062140546.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	2677134  
9th April 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #4  
KyronTaylor's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
(Sorry for double post, the app will not let me edit...)

Yes, I followed all steps on the unlockbootloader Sony webpage, exactly.
9th April 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #5  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 142
 
611 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyronTaylor

4.3 Rooted (Using the steps on this forum.) I did try to unlock the bootloader previous to rooting the phone and still the same problem..

Here are screenshots of my settings and (cropped) service menu for reference.

I meant the os on your pc, if it is Windows 8 or 8.1 you have to do some tricks. I can't remember though what tricks, you'll have to search for it
9th April 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #6  
KyronTaylor's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

I meant the os on your pc, if it is Windows 8 or 8.1 you have to do some tricks. I can't remember though what tricks, you'll have to search for it

Ahh. Yes, I'm running Windows 8.1, however, I'm in Test-Mode.. No idea what other "tricks" I'd need to do..
9th April 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #7  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 142
 
611 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyronTaylor

Ahh. Yes, I'm running Windows 8.1, however, I'm in Test-Mode.. No idea what other "tricks" I'd need to do..

Are fastboot drivers correctly installed?
Btw: I meant this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095087
9th April 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #8  
KyronTaylor's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

Are fastboot drivers correctly installed?
Btw: I meant this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095087

Already did that, drivers installed fine. /:

I also tried the Flashtool's built-in Bootloader Unlocking Tool. Exact same deal..
9th April 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #9  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 142
 
611 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
What a bummer...
10th April 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #10  
KyronTaylor's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

What a bummer...

Alright I have no idea how I did it, but I just put my phone in flashmode and kept disconnecting the USB and reconnecting it and messed with Flashtool.. Somehow I ended up unlocking it... I'm so angry but happy right now. I wish I could provide a solution.. But I can't... I think my bootloader was just corrupt or had an error..

Anyway, now I'm running the Pac-Man Nightly 4.4 KitKat ROM . Yaaay.

I was considering learning Java and just tinkering with this.. But.. This has been so frustrating... Taken days.. Gah..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes