5,597,501 Members 31,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bravia Engine...all time??

Tip us?

anirudhks
Old
Thanks Meter 815

DONATE TO ME
OK its quite late , but I can suggest you some alternative try it and lemme know..

google is your best friend , search for Screendim.apk and install it

enable it and set the bottom bar ( contrast ) for about 60% and the brightness on top for about 60-70% and now tell me how dark or colorful your screen looks

this defnitely works.. not perfect but close to BE alwasy ON types..
If you Like my work , Hit thanks and if you love it buy me a beer

My Work
G2 Based ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2462453
Stock Debloated ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419802
CM 10.2 Based ROM -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2457310
Xperia based ROM -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419588
4.2.2 Based CM ROM -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2434969
The Following User Says Thank You to anirudhks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slowik515
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-Geenexus View Post
When i compared my screen to a sgs4's one i was like omg is my display bright.

And the s4 had only bit better colours but nuffin more.

Sent from my Xperia™Z»4.3Leak«
Fanboy alert. You didn't see very grey black, fogged colours, bad view angles etc? So you have some problems with your eyes (or just fanboy). Even 2 years old phones have batter screens than Z.

Wysłane z mojego C6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Tommy-Geenexus
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowik515 View Post
Fanboy alert. You didn't see very grey black, fogged colours, bad view angles etc? So you have some problems with your eyes (or just fanboy). Even 2 years old phones have batter screens than Z.

Wysłane z mojego C6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Nope. Neither my Xperia S nor my Xperia Neo nor my Nexus 4 nor everything i've owned had a better screen.

Maybe there are some people on the world who like natural colours, becoz after looking at a amoled display my head hurts.

The display of the lg g2 is the only one which impressed me though, this is miles better, but nothing else.

Sent from my Xperia™Z»4.3Leak«

Devices:
Nexus 5
Xperia Z
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy-Geenexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RoberM
Old
(Last edited by RoberM; 16th December 2013 at 04:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzuku90 View Post
X-reality & Bravia engine it just marketing Bull****
+1

If you display some screen calibration patterns while using bravia engine, you see how bad it is for fidelity. It just oversaturates, tints, and destroys detail in brighter and darker areas of images/videos.

If a phone has a screen of 300/1 contrast ratio, there is no way some software can improve this, it only can put some make up but at the cost of some other things, just like LCD's are doing since the beginning with dynamic contrast and all that bullsh*t, where you see skin become shiny bright and where there used to be a dark grey shadow over a black background, then it becomes all black and no shadow.

BE is the first thing i disable in all my Sony products, and its equivalent in any non Sony product.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoberM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nemer12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
I think that our screen without bravia its complety UGLY! :-&
Ericsson T628i - > Siemens A55 - > SPV C500(AKA HTC with Windows Mobile 2003) - > Nokia 7360 L'amour Edition - > Sony Ericsson K800 - > Sony Ericsson W910 - > Sony Ericsson K850 - > Sony Ericsson W910 - > Sony Ericsson W960 - > Nokia E66 - > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 - > Nokia 2310 (WTF) - > Iphone 3GS - > Iphone 4 - > Iphone...4 - > Sony Xperia S - > HTC ONE X -> Sony Xperia T -> Sony Xperia Z

make.believe

SmallsXD
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I never had any issues with the colours on my device. Infact I prefer them this way as opposed to colour popping and extra vibrant. Infact I turn down that setting on my LCD monitor. A friend of mine did a side by side comparison against his Samsung device and the 1st thing he notices was the colour was more toned down then said he actually preferred the Sony display. Point is some ppl like the toned down visuals and others like them vibrant but funny how as someone says they have no issue with the Sony display they are labeled a blind fanboy.

As for viewing angles, Also never had an issue with them due to the fact that I always take up my phone when I want to look at it (always, its a habit of mine) and never just glance at it while it is on a desk or anything like that.

RoberM
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Xperia Z Screen is OK, i have been using it everyday since launch date, viewing angles may be low, but that is something i forgot completely in everyday use. Screen brightness is more than enough, contrast is ok, and visual fidelity is great (as long as you have BE2 deactivated).

For people saying there were better screens two years ago, please point me to a device released two years ago with a 5" FullHD screen with better specifications.

We all know the XZ screen, today, is not one of the best FullHD screen on a smartphone, but it was the first released.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoberM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slim207rc
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoberM View Post
Xperia Z Screen is OK, i have been using it everyday since launch date, viewing angles may be low, but that is something i forgot completely in everyday use. Screen brightness is more than enough, contrast is ok, and visual fidelity is great (as long as you have BE2 deactivated).

For people saying there were better screens two years ago, please point me to a device released two years ago with a 5" FullHD screen with better specifications.

We all know the XZ screen, today, is not one of the best FullHD screen on a smartphone, but it was the first released.
Finally someone with a little knowledge.
Don't forget, before a smartphone is released, how long it takes to develop.

The screen isn't poor at all. I feel really sorry for people saying this and hope.that their doc can.help them.sort their eyes out real soon.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RoberM
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim207rc View Post
Finally someone with a little knowledge.
Don't forget, before a smartphone is released, how long it takes to develop.

The screen isn't poor at all. I feel really sorry for people saying this and hope.that their doc can.help them.sort their eyes out real soon.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I don't think they need a doctor or anything, it is a matter of taste, there are people who like viewing screen with oversaturated colors and overdriven contrast just because it is more eye catchy, for god's sake they even ported the bravia engine to the galaxy nexus, and there are people who even enjoy it, if the nexus screen weren't oversaturated enough... let's oversaturate it even more and add a lot of detail loss due to contrast overdrive by BE.

Oh, also forgot to mention, "nits", why the hell would we need a screen with a gazillion of nits if at the end of the day we are all using the brightness bar to decrease it to save battery (or using the Auto mode), at the end we all are viewing the screen with about the same luminosity, it doesn't matter if our screen has 10 or 8.000.000 nits.