Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,032 Members 44,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is this a brick?

Tip us?

Mike Austin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Is this a brick?

I think I may have a brick. The phone is on with the word "Sony" and nothing is happening. It will not switch off. I was trying to install a flashable ROM from the SDcard using XZDualRecovery and KitKat pre-rooted ROM but I think it has ended up without an OS. Is all lost?
Device 1: Sony Xperia Z, Android 4.4.2 rooted
Device 2: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 LTE, Android 4.4.2 rooted

neoxx3m
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 961

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Austin View Post
I think I may have a brick. The phone is on with the word "Sony" and nothing is happening. It will not switch off. I was trying to install a flashable ROM from the SDcard using XZDualRecovery and KitKat pre-rooted ROM but I think it has ended up without an OS. Is all lost?
Just reflash it via Flashtool, SUS or Emma. You can turn it off with power+volume up combination, just hold that buttons together till the phone vibrate three times. Make sure that ur battery is not empty.
Current devices: Sony Xperia Z on stock KK 4.4.2 UB
Windows devices that I used: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC 8S
Android devices that I used: HTC Hero, HTC Tattoo, HTC Buzz/Wildfire, SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro, SE Xperia X10i,
Sony Xperia P, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Motorola Atrix, HTC Sensation, Sony Xperia S, HTC Desire S, Sony Xperia Z1

If you want to give a donation, please visit SmallHomeAfrica and buy their bracelets to give them friend donation and help them in their work.
The Following User Says Thank You to neoxx3m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Austin View Post
Flash stock ftf with flashtool
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”

Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z:Stock 4.4.4 Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns