Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked Xperia Z (rooted) after applying custom font

OP MegaRodeon

23rd July 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I have rooted my Xperia Z. I tried to apply custom font through iFont (Segoe UI, basically what I did was copying the font from Windows 8.1, to phone's internal storage, Xperia Z\Internal Storage\ifont\custom), I opened the app, tapped on the font and then applied it. Since the next step is to reboot the phone, I did so. The phone is now in a bootloop state, it shows the SONY logo, then XPERIA, then the colorful wave. During the wave, it lasts no longer than 1 second, the wave animation always gets stuck halfway across the screen, then goes back to SONY logo, XPERIA logo, the wave and repeats the boot.

I have tried some of the methods such as booting the phone into Recovery Mode. I was told to power off the phone, start it, then when pink LED lights up I have to quickly press Volume Up multiple times until the screen shows the Android logo (which is the green robot). The situation my phone in isn't quite like the expected; since it's in bootloop state, I have to force restart it (by holding Power button + Volume up and wait for a vibration), quickly pressed volume up several times. However, the LED only lights up blue color (not flashing), the screen stays black and nothing seems to be happening until a force restart is initiated.

Right now I don't think flashing ROMs or restore phone to factory setting are the solutions for me because I only started using this Xperia Z recently and didn't make a backup (who knew it'd be so fast that I literally killed it).

By the way, is there a possible way to access files during the blue LED part?
23rd July 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 636

3,799 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRodeon

I have rooted my Xperia Z. I tried to apply custom font through iFont (Segoe UI, basically what I did was copying the font from Windows 8.1, to phone's internal storage, Xperia Z\Internal Storage\ifont\custom), I opened the app, tapped on the font and then applied it. Since the next step is to reboot the phone, I did so. The phone is now in a bootloop state, it shows the SONY logo, then XPERIA, then the colorful wave. During the wave, it lasts no longer than 1 second, the wave animation always gets stuck halfway across the screen, then goes back to SONY logo, XPERIA logo, the wave and repeats the boot.

I have tried some of the methods such as booting the phone into Recovery Mode. I was told to power off the phone, start it, then when pink LED lights up I have to quickly press Volume Up multiple times until the screen shows the Android logo (which is the green robot). The situation my phone in isn't quite like the expected; since it's in bootloop state, I have to force restart it (by holding Power button + Volume up and wait for a vibration), quickly pressed volume up several times. However, the LED only lights up blue color (not flashing), the screen stays black and nothing seems to be happening until a force restart is initiated.

Right now I don't think flashing ROMs or restore phone to factory setting are the solutions for me because I only started using this Xperia Z recently and didn't make a backup (who knew it'd be so fast that I literally killed it).

You have working custom recovery? (cwm)?

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with Tapatalk
23rd July 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 261

831 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRodeon

Just flash the firmware using flashtool.
Just untick the datawipe box.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread