Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Broke My Xperia Z Screen!

OP maharoof

18th August 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Hi friends.I recently met with an accident . When I checked my phone, the display was completely cracked Both the LCD and the digitizer are not working. I am considering sending it to the Sony service center in UAE. I know that this doesn't come under warranty, since I damaged it myself (not exactly). My question is,what display will they replace the cracked display with? Like JDC,sharp or someother display? Are the jdc and sharp displays available in the market? Because I don't want someother cheap display.
Sorry for my bad English.
18th August 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #2  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
829 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by maharoof

Hi friends.I recently met with an accident . When I checked my phone, the display was completely cracked Both the LCD and the digitizer are not working. I am considering sending it to the Sony service center in UAE. I know that this doesn't come under warranty, since I damaged it myself (not exactly). My question is,what display will they replace the cracked display with? Like JDC,sharp or someother display? Are the jdc and sharp displays available in the market? Because I don't want someother cheap display.
Sorry for my bad English.

If you give it to Sony service center it will be JDC/Sharp or some OEM replacement.
The will not give a cheap display don't worry.
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

If you give it to Sony service center it will be JDC/Sharp or some OEM replacement.
The will not give a cheap display don't worry.

Sorry. But I don't understand what do you mean by the OEM replacement since I am new to this topic. And how much does the JDC /Sharp displays cost?
Thanks for taking your time to reply me.
18th August 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #4  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
829 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by maharoof

Sorry. But I don't understand what do you mean by the OEM replacement since I am new to this topic. And how much does the JDC /Sharp displays cost?
Thanks for taking your time to reply me.

OEM refers to the company that originally manufactured the part/product.
The cost varies in different countries because of shipping,tax and other costs.
In UAE can be around 286 Dihrams
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
The display is the most costlier part in the phone. For the money i can get a new display instead i can buy a second hand Xperia Z.
I suggest you to try to sell the phone and grab some money then buy a second hand or buy a new phone if you have money.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes