TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bottom says C6602, IMEI says C6603

OP ronald_sugar7

17th January 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 217

226 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi, well this is weird, I bought this second hand Xperia Z from swappa, seller said it was a C6603 (LTE version), when the phone arrived I noticed that on the bottom of the phone it said it was a C6602! which is weird, so I checked the IMEI number online and it says it is a C6603!

So how can I know for sure which model is my phone??

I do not have a 4G contract so I can't test if LTE does work.
17th January 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Pavia
Thanks Meter: 10

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_sugar7

Hi, well this is weird, I bought this second hand Xperia Z from swappa, seller said it was a C6603 (LTE version), when the phone arrived I noticed that on the bottom of the phone it said it was a C6602! which is weird, so I checked the IMEI number online and it says it is a C6603!

Simple: go in the settings menu.Now scrolling to the bottom at INFO [sorry, in my case is INFO SUL TELEFONO] and under the name NUMBER MODEL you can find your real model
17th January 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guadalajara

226 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wink Thanks! but that's not a solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinose

Simple: go in the settings menu.Now scrolling to the bottom at INFO [sorry, in my case is INFO SUL TELEFONO] and under the name NUMBER MODEL you can find your real model

That changes when you flash a ROM C6602 supports all C6603 ROMS and FTF, you can even change it to whatever you want through the build.prop file, thanks but that's not a secure way of telling the REAL model of my phone

(see screenshot to get what I mean)
17th January 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pavia
Thanks Meter: 10

21 posts
More
Quote:

That changes when you flash a ROM C6602 supports all C6603 ROMS and FTF, you can even change it to whatever you want through the build.prop file, thanks but that's not a secure way of telling the REAL model of my phone

(see screenshot to get what I mean)

d'oh
mmmmm the only thing that you can't mod is the name at the bottom of the smartphone, because you can change the IMEI
But, whit this dial *#*#7378423#*#* > 'Service info' > 'Software info' > 'Customization Version and these tables http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2287283 you can check if the firmware is for a c6603 or a c6602
17th January 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guadalajara

226 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinose

d'oh
mmmmm the only thing that you can't mod is the name at the bottom of the smartphone, because you can change the IMEI
But, whit this dial *#*#7378423#*#* > 'Service info' > 'Software info' > 'Customization Version and these tables http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2287283 you can check if the firmware is for a c6603 or a c6602

As far as I know there is no way of changing the imei... or is there?? O_O? and btw the customization version CAN be modified if you flash a fw from another region, and also I think it can be moded :/
Last edited by ronald_sugar7; 17th January 2014 at 08:27 PM.
17th January 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,129

4,227 posts
More
The IMEI cannot be changed. It's stored in the TA partition and editing it would hard brick the phone.
Personally, I would go by what is printed on the bottom of the phone. It's unlikely that has been altered.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
18th January 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 233

1,222 posts
Quote:

I would also go for what stands in the bottom.. But test wether the speeds of LTE is present.. The upload should be much higher

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
21st January 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guadalajara

226 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

The IMEI cannot be changed. It's stored in the TA partition and editing it would hard brick the phone.
Personally, I would go by what is printed on the bottom of the phone. It's unlikely that has been altered.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Yes I know, supposedly both (bottom and the imei info) cannot be changed, so that's why I'm so confused about the info both give, because both are supposedly true o.o

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
c6602, c6603, imei, model
Previous Thread Next Thread