FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[Q] C6606 ROM question

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Zero_Lord, Member on 12th April 2014, 06:31 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello guys, I have a short but important question....

I can flash any xperia custom ROM on my Xperia Z T-Mobile LTE C6606?I already rooted it and its bootloader locked (Sony page doesnt help with bootloader unlocking) and if I do that I will break the LTE?
 
 
x102x96x
12th April 2014, 11:34 PM |#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Lord

Hello guys, I have a short but important question....

I can flash any xperia custom ROM on my Xperia Z T-Mobile LTE C6606?I already rooted it and its bootloader locked (Sony page doesnt help with bootloader unlocking) and if I do that I will break the LTE?

T-Mobile XZ is locked bootloader so u cannot unlock it.
cause in standard method of xperia unlocking u should get unlocking code from sony but they won't send it to C6606

13th April 2014, 05:56 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

T-Mobile XZ is locked bootloader so u cannot unlock it.
cause in standard method of xperia unlocking u should get unlocking code from sony but they won't send it to C6606

I have already a custom recovery (I think its like in OMAP devices like Moto Dx2 or Razr XT910-912), so my question is if I can flash customs roms and if every rom on developers section is compatible...
x102x96x
13th April 2014, 08:33 AM |#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So u can first flash custom boot loader and then try custom kernel and rom

But it s better to ask rom developer that u wanna install it

Sent via D821
13th April 2014, 09:33 AM |#5  
kingvortex's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,808
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

So u can first flash custom boot loader and then try custom kernel and rom

But it s better to ask rom developer that u wanna install it

Sent via D821

What?
1. There is no such thing as a "custom boot loader" for the Z.
2. Custom kernels will not run on a locked bootloader. Flashing one via recovery will soft brick the device.

To answer the original question, you should be able to flash any stock based custom rom on the C6606. I'm not sure on how it will affect LTE, but I've seen quite a few people around the forums using custom roms on the C6606.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Last edited by kingvortex; 13th April 2014 at 10:43 AM.
x102x96x
13th April 2014, 11:49 AM |#6  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

What?
1. There is no such thing as a "custom boot loader" for the Z.
2. Custom kernels will not run on a locked bootloader. Flashing one via recovery will soft brick the device.

To answer the original question, you should be able to flash any stock based custom rom on the C6606. I'm not sure on how it will affect LTE, but I've seen quite a few people around the forums using custom roms on the C6606.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

oOps!
i didn't know SORRY
i will attend more about my idea

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes