Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera image effect error

Tip us?

gcgspain
Old
(Last edited by gcgspain; 1st March 2014 at 09:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Camera image effect error

Today I opened the stock camera app and pressed on «image effect» and it F.C. saying «unfortunately image effect has stopped».
Every other effect app seems to be working fine. I tried deleting the app's and camera's cache and data but the issue is still there. Any ideas what might be causing this?
I don't use the effect very often but it did work before.
I'm on stock rooted 4.3

gcgspain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Can anyone share their artfiltercamera.apk to see if my file is corrupted or whatever?

gcgspain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Ok, just in case it helps anyone I found the culprit causing the image effect to fc. It seems the gravity box xposed module is causing it. I now must talk to the creator to see what exactly can be causing it.

SuperHanss
Old
(Last edited by SuperHanss; 2nd March 2014 at 01:42 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcgspain View Post
Ok, just in case it helps anyone I found the culprit causing the image effect to fc. It seems the gravity box xposed module is causing it. I now must talk to the creator to see what exactly can be causing it.

Following the guide from @glitschi667 which can be found here, I've modded artfiltercamera.apk to work with smaller nav bars.

Please try it and report back

http://d-h.st/8wA (copy to /system/app and overwrite, set permissions to rw- r-- r--)
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperHanss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gcgspain
Old
(Last edited by gcgspain; 2nd March 2014 at 02:55 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHanss View Post
I'm pretty sure it occurs when you change the nav bar size to anything other than the stock size.

Following the guide from @glitschi667 which can be found here, I've modded artfiltercamera.apk to work with smaller nav bars.

Please try it and report back

http://d-h.st/8wA (copy to /system/app and overwrite, set permissions to rw- r-- r--)
Still a no go. I must take a look at the guide and see if I can modify it to my nav size.

A temporary solution is to go to nav bar settings in gravity box and restore sizes then go to camera. It is a hassle but at least I can get it working.

gcgspain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
The Port from z2 works perfect even with smaller nav bar size
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2667341