FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

What causing black dots on Xperia Z camera?

28th June 2014, 09:36 AM |#11  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 640
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

There is a hardware fault with the camera module most probably

Xperia Z camera look like not 13mp
5mp cameras is looks better

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with tapatalk
 
 
28th June 2014, 10:35 AM |#12  
Nauju's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Guys only solution is take it to the Sony service centre right??

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th June 2014, 11:21 AM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 310
 
More
Can confirm I now have two black dots in photos taken. Never been in water.
I'm thinking it might be software as it never happened on 4.3?

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 01:33 PM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
OMG I thought I was the only one with this problem..
My phone never touched water, so I think these are burnt pixels in the camera..
I can't really think of something else.
28th June 2014, 01:55 PM |#15  
Dsteppa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchasa

Can confirm I now have two black dots in photos taken. Never been in water.
I'm thinking it might be software as it never happened on 4.3?

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbredHalflingers

OMG I thought I was the only one with this problem..
My phone never touched water, so I think these are burnt pixels in the camera..
I can't really think of something else.

Guys this is it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxx3m

First of all, I worked in Sony repair center and I've seen this problem many times. In some cases problem was gone with cleaning but in most cases problem was in defective camera lens.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dsteppa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 12:23 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
All you need to do guys is to send your phone to repair center. I had same problem, my camera lense had over 50 black dots (dead pixels). They changed me few things and now it works as new .
29th June 2014, 01:24 PM |#17  
Member
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidhd

All you need to do guys is to send your phone to repair center. I had same problem, my camera lense had over 50 black dots (dead pixels). They changed me few things and now it works as new .

X2

Had the same problem, sent it to sony services and they said they replaced the camera, if they did that or not, i don't know, but the black dots are gone.

PS - They took my rooted rom away They installed a stock unrooted one
29th June 2014, 07:43 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Just bad build quality.. I had mine replaced also..

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes