How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Contact Photo Not Showing Up in Hangouts SMS Preview

OP Squintz

24th May 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #11  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 26

112 posts
More
Clearing app data worked for me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
3rd July 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #12  
Flag Derby,UK
Thanks Meter: 75

142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious78

Clearing app data worked for me.

Not working here
3rd July 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #13  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 26

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarr1969

Not working here

Yeah it turned out to only work after I initially did it but has reverted back. Very annoying.
12th July 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 11

159 posts
More
I also have a Droid Maxx. This is one of the MOST maddening things to me. I have intentionally and meticulously spent hours making sure that all of my contacts show up with photos. I can't seem to solve this one. Prior to the last update that combined SMS/Hangouts all photos were correct. Now some of my contacts no longer even show the name, just a phone number. When I touch the stock photo it shows the person's photo and their name. No idea how to fix it. Not everyone has Google+ so this is not going to work. I'm giving this app until the next major update with GV being integrated and hoping it's fixed.

Has anyone else come up with a solution?
8th August 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #15  
Flag USA, Garner, NC
Thanks Meter: 8

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincybearcatfan

I also have a Droid Maxx. This is one of the MOST maddening things to me. I have intentionally and meticulously spent hours making sure that all of my contacts show up with photos. I can't seem to solve this one. Prior to the last update that combined SMS/Hangouts all photos were correct. Now some of my contacts no longer even show the name, just a phone number. When I touch the stock photo it shows the person's photo and their name. No idea how to fix it. Not everyone has Google+ so this is not going to work. I'm giving this app until the next major update with GV being integrated and hoping it's fixed.

Has anyone else come up with a solution?

Glad it's not just me. I finally switched to Hangouts once the most recent updates enabled me to send photos over SMS via Hangouts and not require having a G+ account (I do not). I received a bunch of updates this afternoon and rebooted my phone (Droid Maxx) as I like to do sometimes when I install many updates at once. I now noticed this exact problem.... when I have a text waiting, and if I pull down the Notification Shade, the picture next to the contact is the default grey icon. Yet the contact photo properly shows up in my Contacts in the phone and within the SMS Hangout. Very odd, and annoying. I will try clearing the cache and data and see what happens. If this can't be fixed soon, I'll go back to the default Motorola SMS app.
7th September 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
I just had this issue. It appears that hangouts is using the google plus photo when you have a hangout, so there is an issue for only google hangouts photos.

I force closed the app and it fixed it. Try that out.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread