Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 41,464 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cooling the Xperia Z using cold water when it gets hot.

Tip us?

mety333
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Default Cooling the Xperia Z using cold water when it gets hot.

I multitask alot with my beloved Xperia Z and sometimes it gets hot but i ignore it and it finds a way to cool down while i still use it.

My question is if its ok to drop it in cooled water when it gets hot OR is the temperature difference shift is to big that its not so healthy for the Xperia Z?

...and to get this out of the way for people who are againt the water proof use...i had my purple Xperia Z for 8 months, i wash it every few days with soap and water, i use it ALL the time in the pool and underwater and basically im VERY confident in its waterproof capabilities SO lets stay on topic please.

Thanks for your help and opinions in advance(:

Sent from my beautiful purple friend Xperia Z.

st7ady
Old
Thanks Meter 17
well i guess it would be ok , isn't it ? it is not like he will do a hypothermic shock like the human body , i guess
yes the phone is waterproof yet it is very easy to crack , my gf droped my phone from like 1m and broke the whole back , happily the camera survived

nighthawk696969
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Well you might end up with a broken back glass if you keep doing it.I havent experienced it firsthand but its easy to imagine...

emeemisri
Old
Thanks Meter 70
No brother dont do that.yes our xz can be so hot sometimes just stop for a while if you think your phone is gonna melt.

Sent from my Xperia Yuga
PRESSING THANK BUTTON DOESN'T COST YOU MONEY

MY DEVICE
Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT I8552 (Stock and Rooted)
Sony Xperia Z C6603 (Stock and... well, you know what..)

Quote:
One day my wife said,

"Sorry Honey, you dont have a future in developing things, so stop acting like a developer"

Chac
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Usually when you put hot glass on cold water the temperature change breaks the glass and our xperia Z is made of glass xD so maybe breaks, maybe not. I'm not sure if the temperature is too hot to create the conditions to break the glass.

elias234
Old
Thanks Meter 65
according to software : when phone reaches high temp levels , the cpu clock and gpu and brightness level get decreased a little every temp level , so u going to reach a level the phone will start cooling it self as u mentioned , so u don't need to put it in cold water
if u pot hot glass in cold water , the glass will get broken , so careful , don't put your phone in danger just to win couple of mins of cooling

demon2112
Old
Thanks Meter 155
And take in mind the condenced water phenominon when switching in tempetures

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

mety333
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
I have not taken into consideration the glass.... yes you're right the glass may break if the temperature difference is too big from hot to cold.

Considering i removed the back and front shaterproof films, i dont want the glass to crack! Haha ...saying that though, i must say im VERY confident in the Xperia Z durability as well. I drop it alot and nothing happens beside the corners that got some paint scratches (:

Remember that the front and back glass is a bit deeper than the frame so even when it falls straight down, the frame absorbs the hit when it touches the ground.

Back to topic...

I had this idea to create water cooling for our Xperia Z but besides putting it inside a clear container (like a cup or a bawl) with cooled water and then use a bluetooth mouse, i dont see how this waterproof advantage can be used for cooling.

Sent from my beautiful purple friend Xperia Z.