Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more
Thread Closed

CyanogenMod/Omni are Using very old Blobs for Yuga

OP iKillCypher

15th January 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #1  
iKillCypher's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 410
 
348 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
most of us here are either using cm11 or omnirom or AOKP no idea if anyone here actually realised it but the blobs we are using are based on 4.1.2 which some patched to get it working in kitkat most of the time there is nothing wrong with it.. but as this blobs are closed source we are not aware of the changes thus we may be lacking in important improvement like more smoothness ? cutting down our battery usage etc

also I have no idea if the latest kernel changes are merged in but it looks like this hopes of this device becoming down hill is starting to rise..

I really hope this device isn't forgotten due to google play edition or the z1
15th January 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #2  
pandaball's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,653
 
2,373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKillCypher

most of us here are either using cm11 or omnirom or AOKP no idea if anyone here actually realised it but the blobs we are using are based on 4.1.2 which some patched to get it working in kitkat most of the time there is nothing wrong with it.. but as this blobs are closed source we are not aware of the changes thus we may be lacking in important improvement like more smoothness ? cutting down our battery usage etc

also I have no idea if the latest kernel changes are merged in but it looks like this hopes of this device becoming down hill is starting to rise..

I really hope this device isn't forgotten due to google play edition or the z1

I have *no* idea what you're talking about.

Kernel: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ommits/cm-11.0
Commits to look at: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...9b284713bd8c5c (merge .2.67 release)
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...b6b1c8614196ba (merge old cm11 commits to new cm-11.0 branch)
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...573db1b6289282 (merge kk2.7 to new cm-11.0)
What this means: Contains .2.67 code from Sony, plus kk2.7 code from codeaurora, making the kernel arguably more up to date than Sony's.

Vendor: https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri...ommits/cm-11.0
Commits to look at: https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri...d05dbe01a18ed3 (update blobs to .2.67)
What this means: Blobs updated to .2.67

The last I checked, .2.67 was 4.2.2, not 4.1.2. I'm not even sure why I'm so mad, maybe it's just that I don't like misinformation, particularly misinformation that can be *easily* checked.
15th January 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
As an example i could state the old modem they use? There are massive improvements in the modem in the 4.3 official version, but all these are missing when running CM11. It's the reason why i went back to 4.3 official.
15th January 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #4  
pandaball's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,653
 
2,373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beN..

As an example i could state the old modem they use? There are massive improvements in the modem in the 4.3 official version, but all these are missing when running CM11. It's the reason why i went back to 4.3 official.

It would be nice if you could show what the "massive improvements in the modem in the 4.3 official version" are I mean, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but new things for the sake of new things doesn't make much sense unless there are provable differences. Besides, the 4.3 stuff is probably being worked on right now, you can see that the camera is already being tested, for example.
15th January 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
For me the massive improvement is getting stable Wi-Fi at places where CM11 doesn't even find the network or fails to connect.
Range and stability is improved a lot in 4.3 official.
15th January 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #6  
iKillCypher's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 410
 
348 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
hey pandaball

I just spoke to Kali- few hours ago and it seems like they will be pushing for 4.3 blobs updates soon... for cm 11

also the kernel it seems like I got mislead cause there was no gerrit updates on it ? is it confirm that the latest CM11 is indeed using the latest kernel source from Sony ?

18<Kali-18> i got a talk with cdesai about Z 11.0 blob
18<Kali-18> and we should move to 4.3.3 blob/kernel
18<Kali-18> no update on 10.2
15th January 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #7  
pandaball's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,653
 
2,373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKillCypher

hey pandaball

I just spoke to Kali- few hours ago and it seems like they will be pushing for 4.3 blobs updates soon... for cm 11

also the kernel it seems like I got mislead cause there was no gerrit updates on it ? is it confirm that the latest CM11 is indeed using the latest kernel source from Sony ?

18<Kali-18> i got a talk with cdesai about Z 11.0 blob
18<Kali-18> and we should move to 4.3.3 blob/kernel
18<Kali-18> no update on 10.2

The kernel typically doesn't get committed via gerrit, it is pushed directly to the CM github. It isn't using the latest Sony kernel, it uses the 2.67 kernel with the kk2.7.1 branch from codeaurora, which is more up-to-date than the Sony kernel in terms of SOC drivers.
The Following User Says Thank You to pandaball For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #8  
Toledo_JAB's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Toledo, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2,293
 
2,677 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
At best this is a Q&A thread.

So lets just consider the question answered and put this baby to bed.

Thread closed

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes