Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CyanogenMod/Omni are Using very old Blobs for Yuga

Tip us?

iKillCypher
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 388

DONATE TO ME
Default CyanogenMod/Omni are Using very old Blobs for Yuga

most of us here are either using cm11 or omnirom or AOKP no idea if anyone here actually realised it but the blobs we are using are based on 4.1.2 which some patched to get it working in kitkat most of the time there is nothing wrong with it.. but as this blobs are closed source we are not aware of the changes thus we may be lacking in important improvement like more smoothness ? cutting down our battery usage etc

also I have no idea if the latest kernel changes are merged in but it looks like this hopes of this device becoming down hill is starting to rise..

I really hope this device isn't forgotten due to google play edition or the z1

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - CyanogenMod 7.0 - Cyanogenmod 10.2 (Trashed F*** You Exynos)
Sony Xperia Z C6603 - CyanogenMod 10.2 - CyanogenMod 11.0 (KMV Version) - Active

CyanogenMod Roxs

pandaball
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKillCypher View Post
most of us here are either using cm11 or omnirom or AOKP no idea if anyone here actually realised it but the blobs we are using are based on 4.1.2 which some patched to get it working in kitkat most of the time there is nothing wrong with it.. but as this blobs are closed source we are not aware of the changes thus we may be lacking in important improvement like more smoothness ? cutting down our battery usage etc

also I have no idea if the latest kernel changes are merged in but it looks like this hopes of this device becoming down hill is starting to rise..

I really hope this device isn't forgotten due to google play edition or the z1
I have *no* idea what you're talking about.

Kernel: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ommits/cm-11.0
Commits to look at: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...9b284713bd8c5c (merge .2.67 release)
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...b6b1c8614196ba (merge old cm11 commits to new cm-11.0 branch)
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...573db1b6289282 (merge kk2.7 to new cm-11.0)
What this means: Contains .2.67 code from Sony, plus kk2.7 code from codeaurora, making the kernel arguably more up to date than Sony's.

Vendor: https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri...ommits/cm-11.0
Commits to look at: https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri...d05dbe01a18ed3 (update blobs to .2.67)
What this means: Blobs updated to .2.67

The last I checked, .2.67 was 4.2.2, not 4.1.2. I'm not even sure why I'm so mad, maybe it's just that I don't like misinformation, particularly misinformation that can be *easily* checked.

beN..
Old
Thanks Meter 15
As an example i could state the old modem they use? There are massive improvements in the modem in the 4.3 official version, but all these are missing when running CM11. It's the reason why i went back to 4.3 official.

pandaball
Old
Thanks Meter 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by beN.. View Post
As an example i could state the old modem they use? There are massive improvements in the modem in the 4.3 official version, but all these are missing when running CM11. It's the reason why i went back to 4.3 official.
It would be nice if you could show what the "massive improvements in the modem in the 4.3 official version" are I mean, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but new things for the sake of new things doesn't make much sense unless there are provable differences. Besides, the 4.3 stuff is probably being worked on right now, you can see that the camera is already being tested, for example.

beN..
Old
Thanks Meter 15
For me the massive improvement is getting stable Wi-Fi at places where CM11 doesn't even find the network or fails to connect.
Range and stability is improved a lot in 4.3 official.

iKillCypher
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 388

DONATE TO ME
hey pandaball

I just spoke to Kali- few hours ago and it seems like they will be pushing for 4.3 blobs updates soon... for cm 11

also the kernel it seems like I got mislead cause there was no gerrit updates on it ? is it confirm that the latest CM11 is indeed using the latest kernel source from Sony ?

18<Kali-18> i got a talk with cdesai about Z 11.0 blob
18<Kali-18> and we should move to 4.3.3 blob/kernel
18<Kali-18> no update on 10.2

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - CyanogenMod 7.0 - Cyanogenmod 10.2 (Trashed F*** You Exynos)
Sony Xperia Z C6603 - CyanogenMod 10.2 - CyanogenMod 11.0 (KMV Version) - Active

CyanogenMod Roxs

pandaball
Old
Thanks Meter 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKillCypher View Post
hey pandaball

I just spoke to Kali- few hours ago and it seems like they will be pushing for 4.3 blobs updates soon... for cm 11

also the kernel it seems like I got mislead cause there was no gerrit updates on it ? is it confirm that the latest CM11 is indeed using the latest kernel source from Sony ?

18<Kali-18> i got a talk with cdesai about Z 11.0 blob
18<Kali-18> and we should move to 4.3.3 blob/kernel
18<Kali-18> no update on 10.2
The kernel typically doesn't get committed via gerrit, it is pushed directly to the CM github. It isn't using the latest Sony kernel, it uses the 2.67 kernel with the kk2.7.1 branch from codeaurora, which is more up-to-date than the Sony kernel in terms of SOC drivers.
The Following User Says Thank You to pandaball For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Toledo_JAB
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,180
At best this is a Q&A thread.

So lets just consider the question answered and put this baby to bed.

Thread closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
Let me be very clear on this:
IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY,
THEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I am not able to give device help & support via PM's

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe