Another dead Xperia

Tip us?

Vaer0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Another dead Xperia

Hello,

Yep, another noob with another dead phone!

I was swimming at the local waterfall with some friends and as you do with a waterproof phone, I was showing it off in the water. Anyway it was working fine till I put it in my pocket. When we left I pulled it out to take a photo when I realized it wouldn't turn on! So I looked at all the flaps and found water had entered in the headphone and USB jacks! (As indicated by the pink strips) Also I could see water droplets on the inside of both camera lenses and the flash. As I was a couple of hours away from home I opened all the flaps and sat it in the map holder of my car with the air vent directed to it to try and dry it out somewhat. Once I got home I put it straight in a bucket of rice where it sat for 2 days.

So today I took it out of the rice, all the water droplets had vanished and the notification LED was on and red. So I looked up what this meant and came across "SDS" so I tried the Power button + Volume up solution. The phone did vibrate 3 times like the guide said but the phone didn't turn on... at this stage I had to go to work so I left the phone on charge will I was at work. On my brake (A good 5 hours later) I came home to find the notification light had changed to blue, So I tried the SDS combo again and this time the phone vibrated once (The part where you let the power button go) but then did nothing... The notification light went out and was flashing red whenever I tried the SDS combo. So then I tried the Sony update tool, but the phone doesn't do anything when plugging it into the computer so that didn't work.

So the current status of the phone is that it's dead, only thing it will do is flash the notification light red when trying the SDS combo, but now it's not even vibrating at all... The light flashes twice then there's a slight pause, then 2 flashes again if that means anything.

Any help would be much appreciated

MarianoQT
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Put te Xperia with all the flaps open in a jar closed full of rice for 1 week... This will help you to dry the Phone... Dont try to charge it or try to turn on !

Vaer0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I think the phones dead

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1452
Well, water damages the actual hardware. Nothing you do can repair that damage, especially as you powered up the phone afterwards which probably destroyed some components inside the phone.
Take it for repair.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

indycar
Old
Thanks Meter 70
if you would have read the manual you would know its written there

DO NOT PUT PHONE IN THE WATER