FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

[NEED DEV] how to turn the stock xperia z odex rom into a deodex rom ?

372 posts
Thanks Meter: 750
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hello ... so I am going to make a rom and I learn a lot of things in how to do this but my only problem now is that : how can I change the firmware to deodex -to be able to edit on it-

So I need instructions from a dev

THANKS
 
 
12th April 2014, 07:06 AM |#2  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,994
 
Donate to Me
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shehabskull

hello ... so I am going to make a rom and I learn a lot of things in how to do this but my only problem now is that : how can I change the firmware to deodex -to be able to edit on it-

So I need instructions from a dev

THANKS

google search for "AutoDEOTool1.0.4"

after downloaded,place all the system/framework files in the AutoDEOTool1.0.4/_framework folder

Then copy all the odex apk to AutoDEOTool1.0.4/_app folder & deodex them,make sure you also deodex the .jar files
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Ling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 12:36 PM |#3  
shehabskull's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 750
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling

google search for "AutoDEOTool1.0.4"

after downloaded,place all the system/framework files in the AutoDEOTool1.0.4/_framework folder

Then copy all the odex apk to AutoDEOTool1.0.4/_app folder & deodex them,make sure you also deodex the .jar files

Thanks a lot but I also can't extract( system.sin ) to get sysem/framework this is all the files I have got after extracting my 4.3 firmware

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	39
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	2681746
12th April 2014, 12:55 PM |#4  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,994
 
Donate to Me
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shehabskull

Thanks a lot but I also can't extract( system.sin ) to get sysem/framework this is all the files I have got after extracting my 4.3 firmware

Attachment 2681746

well hit thanks is enough...

and you will need to use Flashtool by Androxyde,then open it & select the tools option,click Sin Editor,select the system.sin & extract data

after that you will get system.img

then use ext2explore to extract the system apps
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Ling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 01:12 PM |#5  
shehabskull's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 750
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling

well hit thanks is enough...

and you will need to use Flashtool by Androxyde,then open it & select the tools option,click Sin Editor,select the system.sin & extract data

after that you will get system.img

then use ext2explore to extract the system apps

THANK you very very much you will make my a dev in the future
note : i clicked thanks button

edit : I placed all the system/framework files in the AutoDEOTool1.0.4/_framework folder and placed all the odex apk to AutoDEOTool1.0.4/_app folder so after that how can I deodex them ?!
Last edited by shehabskull; 12th April 2014 at 07:33 PM.
12th April 2014, 08:01 PM |#6  
shehabskull's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 750
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling

well hit thanks is enough...

and you will need to use Flashtool by Androxyde,then open it & select the tools option,click Sin Editor,select the system.sin & extract data

after that you will get system.img

then use ext2explore to extract the system apps

I placed all the system/framework files in the AutoDEOTool1.0.4/_framework folder and placed all the odex apk to AutoDEOTool1.0.4/_app folder so after that how can I deodex them ?!
13th April 2014, 03:56 AM |#7  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,994
 
Donate to Me
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shehabskull

I placed all the system/framework files in the AutoDEOTool1.0.4/_framework folder and placed all the odex apk to AutoDEOTool1.0.4/_app folder so after that how can I deodex them ?!

open the AutoDEOToolMain.bat and type 3 then all apk will be deodexed

but make sure you deodex the system/app first

after deodex the system apps,deodex the system framework jar
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Ling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes