Dirt under camera lens?

Tip us?

Firipu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy Dirt under camera lens?

Hello,

A few days ago I noticed a black spot on all my pictures. I feared the worst and thought I had a faulty camera sensor. But then the black spot started to move when I shook my phone....
Doing some research seems to confirm it's dust under my lens...
Did anyone else get the same problem?

I didn't take the extended warranty from Docomo. So I suppose I am screwed?

I doubt I can take the phone apart to clean it myself without completely ruining the waterproof aspect of it?

philje123
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I think the phone has a 2 year warranty so you don't need the extended warranty to claim.

Phil
Xperia Z Black - 32GB class 10 Samsung card - Stock ROM - Rooted

flamingsamurai
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Yeah I have that issue, but my dust seems to be a bit harder to move. A bit surprised by it. Also initially thought it was a sensor issue, but then it disappeared after a couple of weeks and got replaced by two much smaller dots. A bit weird but I'm not too fussed about it.

Attached some shots before the dust,during the dust, and after the dust.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366897703108.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1910893   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366897742102.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1910894   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366897749697.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1910895  

danw_oz
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Yes was about to say that it will not be dirt, indeed dust is more obvious

Firipu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Just for everyone's info:

I brought the phone back to the docomo shop, they said they would open it up and clean it.
If the insides of the case would have been bent (from sitting on it or dropping it) and that would have caused the dust to enter, they would have charged me 5000 JPY (around 50 USD) to repair it. Apparently that wasn't the case.
So they cleaned my lens, and they still put a new case on my phone. Which is great, cause my case was chipped. They also renewed my screen or at least the sony protectors on it, because all microscratches are gone! All for the exact cost of free.

All in all, I got pretty lucky. Just had to live with an LG Optimus LTE for 1 week, damn torture if you come from the xperia z

gear912
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firipu View Post
Just for everyone's info:

I brought the phone back to the docomo shop, they said they would open it up and clean it.
If the insides of the case would have been bent (from sitting on it or dropping it) and that would have caused the dust to enter, they would have charged me 5000 JPY (around 50 USD) to repair it. Apparently that wasn't the case.
So they cleaned my lens, and they still put a new case on my phone. Which is great, cause my case was chipped. They also renewed my screen or at least the sony protectors on it, because all microscratches are gone! All for the exact cost of free.

All in all, I got pretty lucky. Just had to live with an LG Optimus LTE for 1 week, damn torture if you come from the xperia z
why there is dust under the lens , the phone should be dust resist right with IP55 / 57 ? and where the dust come from ? the headphone jack?

Dsteppa
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by gear912 View Post
why there is dust under the lens , the phone should be dust resist right with IP55 / 57 ? and where the dust come from ? the headphone jack?
Sigh...
I can resist looking at hot girls, but if they are too hot, I will have to give in eventually. Therefor I'm hot girl resistant and not hot girl proof.
Maybe you will understand it this way. Being resistant to something doesn't mean that you're immune to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dsteppa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]