Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Error message when flashing CM11?

Tip us?

balloontree
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Error message when flashing CM11?

Hi guys,

It's been a long journey for me..............

1) unlock bootloader
2) installed dual recovery
3) downloaded cm-11-20140629-NIGHTLY-yuga.zip from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?typ...ly&device=yuga

when i tried to install "cm-11-20140629-NIGHTLY-yuga.zip" via recovery, the error msg on the phone says "this firmware is for c6603, xxx, xxxxx but your phone is " ".

It seemed to think my phone's model number is blank? I boot into system and check the model and it's c6603.

Could someone help?

second question,
I have a 64GB sandisk class 10 microsd card, it becomes unwritable now. I am unable to format it in windows or using sd formatter. the SD adaptor is in unlock position (i have used another microsd and it can be formatted.

does it mean that my card is faulty?

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloontree View Post
Hi guys,

It's been a long journey for me..............

1) unlock bootloader
2) installed dual recovery
3) downloaded cm-11-20140629-NIGHTLY-yuga.zip from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?typ...ly&device=yuga

when i tried to install "cm-11-20140629-NIGHTLY-yuga.zip" via recovery, the error msg on the phone says "this firmware is for c6603, xxx, xxxxx but your phone is " ".

It seemed to think my phone's model number is blank? I boot into system and check the model and it's c6603.

Could someone help?

second question,
I have a 64GB sandisk class 10 microsd card, it becomes unwritable now. I am unable to format it in windows or using sd formatter. the SD adaptor is in unlock position (i have used another microsd and it can be formatted.

does it mean that my card is faulty?
Transfer the zip on to the internal memory and try flashing
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”

Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z: Stock 4.4.2 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns

anagramgenius
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Extract the boot.img from that zip file and flash it via fast boot. Then enter into recovery and flash the zip.
Xperia ZL

balloontree
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramgenius View Post
Extract the boot.img from that zip file and flash it via fast boot. Then enter into recovery and flash the zip.
Great! Thanks, this works!