5,600,571 Members 33,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] FLASHING 10.3.1.E.0.191 (tmob 6606) on a c6603 (international)

Tip us?

lhun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] FLASHING 10.3.1.E.0.191 (tmob 6606) on a c6603 (international)

Easy, quick question.

Can this be done using flashtool without harming the phone with a locked bootloader. Does it affect anything other then branding?

lhun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Nobody knows the answer to this question. My situation is very unique in having a c6603 in Canada.

gripfly
Old
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
I don't know but I would not do it. Why you don't flash the 10.3.1.A.2.67?
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to gripfly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lhun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripfly View Post
I don't know but I would not do it. Why you don't flash the 10.3.1.A.2.67?
It's on that. Because I need AWS. I've flashed the baseband from the 6606, it causes instability, but that's all. - the phone posts. People have flashed in the other direction and they're fine c6603 -> c6606

The hardware in both devices is (almost) exactly the same according to teardowns. They have the same qualcomm MDM chip, however, they contain (perhaps) differing signal amplifier circuts, as far as we can tell. (nobody has done a teardown of both devices exactly, as far as I can see.)

Get this. The Baseband of the 6506 works PERFECTLY in the 6603. No issues, no hiccups, no nothing, and it allows me to use LTE via 2600mhz on two carriers.

Nobody has tried this. With a locked bootloader, I should be fine, but it's still a little freaky. Any ideas?