Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,945 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing custom roms on C6606

Tip us?

kevev
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDC23 View Post
So say i tried to flash XperiaBlueLights, its a 4.2.2 rom, and it says its for a locked bootloader, it should work fine right?
Or the CriskeloRom, its 4.3 but it says it works on both locked and unlocked bootloaders. There shouldn't be an issue installing this on a C6606 should there?
Don't mean to ask so many questions, im usually the type to go and find out myself, but so far customizing my first sony phone isn't as fun, or easy as my past phones.
I think you would need to flash the C6606 kernel to be able to boot. I have written a C6606 tutorial for MIUI if you are interested in the Chinese version of Android. It is in the first post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46120012

Dhickory
Old
Thanks Meter 36
C6606 user here. Currently running @niaboc79 4.3 Black Edition, and couldn't be happier.

I got my Z shortly after it became available, and have had a custom stock based ROM on it since day 1. I will admit there was a slight learning curve, but I knew I was switching to T-mobile and started reading up on the whole rooting/flashtool before I purchased and have stayed out of trouble (for the most part). Once you flash a ROM or two you will get the gist of it and it will become less confusing. The beauty of it is that we don't have to wait for T-Mobile to push out new Android versions. Once the Z gets it, so can we and no T-Mobile bloat. You will not have wifi calling if you haven't figured that out already.

Look for the "LB" (lockedbootloader) tag in the ROM title, and they should be good to go for us C6606 users.

Just follow the OP's instructions for installing and you will be fine. I haven't touched anything directly related to the C6606, other than APN's. I haven't had any luck doing the "download settings for internet and MMS" under wireless & networks settings.

I use these APN's every time I do a clean install and all network modes (3G, 4G, LTE) work just fine - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2236735