Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Flashing custom roms on C6606

OP xDC23

19th January 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 229

1,176 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDC23

So say i tried to flash XperiaBlueLights, its a 4.2.2 rom, and it says its for a locked bootloader, it should work fine right?
Or the CriskeloRom, its 4.3 but it says it works on both locked and unlocked bootloaders. There shouldn't be an issue installing this on a C6606 should there?
Don't mean to ask so many questions, im usually the type to go and find out myself, but so far customizing my first sony phone isn't as fun, or easy as my past phones.

I think you would need to flash the C6606 kernel to be able to boot. I have written a C6606 tutorial for MIUI if you are interested in the Chinese version of Android. It is in the first post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46120012
23rd January 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 53

174 posts
More
C6606 user here. Currently running @niaboc79 4.3 Black Edition, and couldn't be happier.

I got my Z shortly after it became available, and have had a custom stock based ROM on it since day 1. I will admit there was a slight learning curve, but I knew I was switching to T-mobile and started reading up on the whole rooting/flashtool before I purchased and have stayed out of trouble (for the most part). Once you flash a ROM or two you will get the gist of it and it will become less confusing. The beauty of it is that we don't have to wait for T-Mobile to push out new Android versions. Once the Z gets it, so can we and no T-Mobile bloat. You will not have wifi calling if you haven't figured that out already.

Look for the "LB" (lockedbootloader) tag in the ROM title, and they should be good to go for us C6606 users.

Just follow the OP's instructions for installing and you will be fine. I haven't touched anything directly related to the C6606, other than APN's. I haven't had any luck doing the "download settings for internet and MMS" under wireless & networks settings.

I use these APN's every time I do a clean install and all network modes (3G, 4G, LTE) work just fine - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2236735
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread