Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing ROM with Locked Bootloader?

Tip us?

tally114
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question Flashing ROM with Locked Bootloader?

Hi there,

At the moment I'm running Android 4.4.2 Stock ROM, but I want to switch to MIUI V5. I would like to know if it's possible to do this while having a locked Bootloader.

P.S.: First I used the towelroot-method to get root acces, then I installed SuperSU and CWM Recovery. So that's already done.

gripfly
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
It should be possible. Take a look at this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...3-1-2-t2467408

Just follow the steps for locked bootloaders.
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks

My work:
Xperia Theme | Yamaha R6
Xperia Theme | xda developers
The Following User Says Thank You to gripfly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tally114
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripfly View Post
It should be possible. Take a look at this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...3-1-2-t2467408

Just follow the steps for locked bootloaders.
Thank you for the fast reply! I'll try it. By the way are there any bugs in the ROM I've mentioned? I can't read any Chinese and Google Translation doesn't translate that well.

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,271
Isn't MIUI based on AOSP/CM? If it is, then you cannot flash it on a locked bootloader.

Edit - It seems the rom that gripfly linked to can be flashed on locked bootloaders. Disregard my post. 😉

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tally114
Old
(Last edited by tally114; 21st June 2014 at 01:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
Isn't MIUI based on AOSP/CM? If it is, then you cannot flash it on a locked bootloader.

Edit - It seems the rom that gripfly linked to can be flashed on locked bootloaders. Disregard my post. 😉

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Too bad it's an outdated ROM. I would love to see the newest MIUI ROM running on this beauty, but I'm too scared to try it out and mess it up, and then risking to lose the DRM key.

Edit: Are there any good ROMS with nice GUI apart from Sony's UI for the Xperia Z? The MIUI ROM V5 is based on Android 4.2.2, which is more a downgrade than an upgrade...

Orangewanted
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tally114 View Post
Too bad it's an outdated ROM. I would love to see the newest MIUI ROM running on this beauty, but I'm too scared to try it out and mess it up, and then risking to lose the DRM key.

Edit: Are there any good ROMS with nice GUI apart from Sony's UI for the Xperia Z? The MIUI ROM V5 is based on Android 4.2.2, which is more a downgrade than an upgrade...
There are many good ROMs on the forum.
Actually, UI varies from person to person so it's very difficult to say which one is better, you can search in the forum and find a suitable one.
As for me, I highly recommend PA which include many good features.
Sorry for my bad English

Current device: Sony Xperia Z (rooted, unlocked bootloader)

Secondly: Sony Ericsson X8 (the legend)

Please hit THANKS button if I helped you

deerhurst
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Locked bootloader means stock based ROMs only.

Sent from my C6606 on 4.4.2 KitKat
Asus Transformer TF101 4.4.3 KatKiss ROM
Sony Xperia Z C6606 Android 4.4.2 Stock ROOTED
Malibal P150HM1
-Win 7 Pro
-8GB RAM
-i7 2630QM
-GTX560m