Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flashing stock rom - stuck at flashtool

OP J26M377

20th August 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi,

I'm awfully sorry to bother you, but I'm really stuck.

Been using my XZ for over a year now. Everything stock.

I then unlocked the bootloader, rooted it and flashed the latest stable release of CM (didn't use the flashtool for any of this)

CM was totally fine for me except for the camera app.

So I searched the board for a ROM that is better suited for my needs and found this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...-dark-t2779949

And this is where my problems began -->

Flash official Sony's 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.74 or 10.3.1.A.2.67 with flashtool (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2162907)

Even after hours and hours of tying, I cant get this working.

What I did so far:

Installed flash-tool; java development kit, android development kit, adb & fastboot drivers (via several different methods)

Windows (Win 7 64 Bit) recognizes my device as Sony Sa0107 when connected in normal mode.
And it recognizes it as S1 Device when connected in fastboot mode.

So, when I start the flashtool and get to the point where flashtool prompts me to connect my device in fastboot mode this happens:
it says that it didn't recognize my device and I have to search for the device in a list. I click on the XZ entry and flashtool then gets stuck. Just shows the screen where it says you to connect in fastboot.

I even tried to create cwm flashable zip to get around using the flashtool...but this didnt work out..

Has anyone any idea what I could have done wrong?
21st August 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J26M377

Hi,

I'm awfully sorry to bother you, but I'm really stuck.

Been using my XZ for over a year now. Everything stock.

I then unlocked the bootloader, rooted it and flashed the latest stable release of CM (didn't use the flashtool for any of this)

CM was totally fine for me except for the camera app.

So I searched the board for a ROM that is better suited for my needs and found this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...-dark-t2779949

And this is where my problems began -->

Flash official Sony's 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.74 or 10.3.1.A.2.67 with flashtool (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2162907)

Even after hours and hours of tying, I cant get this working.

What I did so far:

Installed flash-tool; java development kit, android development kit, adb & fastboot drivers (via several different methods)

Windows (Win 7 64 Bit) recognizes my device as Sony Sa0107 when connected in normal mode.
And it recognizes it as S1 Device when connected in fastboot mode.

So, when I start the flashtool and get to the point where flashtool prompts me to connect my device in fastboot mode this happens:
it says that it didn't recognize my device and I have to search for the device in a list. I click on the XZ entry and flashtool then gets stuck. Just shows the screen where it says you to connect in fastboot.

I even tried to create cwm flashable zip to get around using the flashtool...but this didnt work out..

Has anyone any idea what I could have done wrong?

Why are you trying to flash Flash official Sony's 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.74 or 10.3.1.A.2.67 with flashtool? If you are rooted and unlocked bootloader, you must have a custom recovery installed? I'm pretty sure that installing of an older official Sony firmware is mentioned at the installing instructions only to be able to root the XZ.

Try this:
1) Backup
2) Reboot to recovery
3) Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache
4) Flash the rom (existenz-ultimate)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kariharri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kariharri

Why are you trying to flash Flash official Sony's 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.74 or 10.3.1.A.2.67 with flashtool? If you are rooted and unlocked bootloader, you must have a custom recovery installed? I'm pretty sure that installing of an older official Sony firmware is mentioned at the installing instructions only to be able to root the XZ.

Try this:
1) Backup
2) Reboot to recovery
3) Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache
4) Flash the rom (existenz-ultimate)

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Your version gets me stuck in a bootloop (cm logo).

I didn't need to install an older firmware, I was just using the Auto root files from doomlord (:Z_DooMLoRD_CF-Auto-Root-ported_FW-350.img & Z_DooMLoRD_insecure_FW-350.img)
21st August 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 142

611 posts
More
Did you wipe cache after flashing cm?
The Following User Says Thank You to St.Jimmy90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Thank you for your help.

I finally figured out what I did wrong.

I booted my phone in fastboot mode not flashmode (as it clearly stated by the flashtool ^^)
I guess I shouldn't have followed the guides so blindly.
21st August 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Sorry for the double post, but I cant post in the existenz thread (not allowed to).

Is it possible to install a different theme for this rom (like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bGV4LmJsdWUiXQ.. )

Didn't find an option in this rom
21st August 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 198

1,949 posts
More
no as that's a cm11 theme and you are now on a stock based rom, have a look in the thread for themes, that's if anyone has made them

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread