Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What does this flex cable connect?

Tip us?

emiglet
Old
(Last edited by emiglet; 4th July 2014 at 09:22 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Arrow [Q] What does this flex cable connect?

Can someone tell me what this flex cable is connecting?

My phone would sometimes spontanously freeze and switch off, showing the 3 red leds and just stops responding. It won't even take a charge. Usually the battery is at 60% when the phone dies, and sometimes it shows a constant RED led.
The back cover is loose (but has enough adhesive to actually stick reasonably, takes little force to open it up), so I pressed that connector with medium force. The next thing that happened, is that the phone responded to the charger, booted to the "charging state", where it shows the battery state and so on (which it shows it's approx on 60%.

Or could it be that I press something else, which causes my phone to work properly again?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xperia-z-repair-2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	2832160  

neoxx3m
Old
Thanks Meter 897

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiglet View Post
Can someone tell me what this flex cable is connecting?

My phone would sometimes spontanously freeze and switch off, showing the 3 red leds and just stops responding. It won't even take a charge. Usually the battery is at 60% when the phone dies, and sometimes it shows a constant RED led.
The back cover is loose (but has enough adhesive to actually stick reasonably, takes little force to open it up), so I pressed that connector with medium force. The next thing that happened, is that the phone responded to the charger, booted to the "charging state", where it shows the battery state and so on (which it shows it's approx on 60%.

Or could it be that I press something else, which causes my phone to work properly again?
Cable with connector in green box is for side keys, gyro and microphone.
Current devices: Sony Xperia Z on stock KK 4.4.2 UB
Windows devices that I used: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC 8S
Android devices that I used: HTC Hero, HTC Tattoo, HTC Buzz/Wildfire, SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro, SE Xperia X10i,
Sony Xperia P, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Motorola Atrix, HTC Sensation, Sony Xperia S, HTC Desire S, Sony Xperia Z1
The Following User Says Thank You to neoxx3m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emiglet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxx3m View Post
Cable with connector in green box is for side keys, gyro and microphone.
Thanks/Hvala!

But do you know what could be faulty on this specific point, which causes my phone to not charge? Can I find somewhere a complete guide to the disassembly and identification of all parts? It would make it alot easier for me . My phone is running again, going strong at 65% and still discharging for the last 3 hours. I'm logging the microVolts, temperature and other stats from the battery to see if it's the battery causing the malfunction, which I doubt.

Anyway, there should be something. By the way, prior to the issues, my phone dropped flat on the screen on tiles, about 1 meter high. So most likely, there is something loose/messed up. But I don't know what causes the entire system to flash the LED 3 times, saying that the battery is drained, yet after pressing on this point, immediately start up while on the charger.

neoxx3m
Old
(Last edited by neoxx3m; 4th July 2014 at 02:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 897

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiglet View Post
Thanks/Hvala!

But do you know what could be faulty on this specific point, which causes my phone to not charge? Can I find somewhere a complete guide to the disassembly and identification of all parts? It would make it alot easier for me . My phone is running again, going strong at 65% and still discharging for the last 3 hours. I'm logging the microVolts, temperature and other stats from the battery to see if it's the battery causing the malfunction, which I doubt.

Anyway, there should be something. By the way, prior to the issues, my phone dropped flat on the screen on tiles, about 1 meter high. So most likely, there is something loose/messed up. But I don't know what causes the entire system to flash the LED 3 times, saying that the battery is drained, yet after pressing on this point, immediately start up while on the charger.
Please PM me. (you speak croatian?)
Current devices: Sony Xperia Z on stock KK 4.4.2 UB
Windows devices that I used: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC 8S
Android devices that I used: HTC Hero, HTC Tattoo, HTC Buzz/Wildfire, SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro, SE Xperia X10i,
Sony Xperia P, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Motorola Atrix, HTC Sensation, Sony Xperia S, HTC Desire S, Sony Xperia Z1