Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] What does this flex cable connect?

OP emiglet

4th July 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Can someone tell me what this flex cable is connecting?

My phone would sometimes spontanously freeze and switch off, showing the 3 red leds and just stops responding. It won't even take a charge. Usually the battery is at 60% when the phone dies, and sometimes it shows a constant RED led.
The back cover is loose (but has enough adhesive to actually stick reasonably, takes little force to open it up), so I pressed that connector with medium force. The next thing that happened, is that the phone responded to the charger, booted to the "charging state", where it shows the battery state and so on (which it shows it's approx on 60%.

Or could it be that I press something else, which causes my phone to work properly again?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xperia-z-repair-2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	2832160  
Last edited by emiglet; 4th July 2014 at 10:22 AM.
4th July 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #2  
neoxx3m's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ljubuski
Thanks Meter: 987
 
931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiglet

Can someone tell me what this flex cable is connecting?

My phone would sometimes spontanously freeze and switch off, showing the 3 red leds and just stops responding. It won't even take a charge. Usually the battery is at 60% when the phone dies, and sometimes it shows a constant RED led.
The back cover is loose (but has enough adhesive to actually stick reasonably, takes little force to open it up), so I pressed that connector with medium force. The next thing that happened, is that the phone responded to the charger, booted to the "charging state", where it shows the battery state and so on (which it shows it's approx on 60%.

Or could it be that I press something else, which causes my phone to work properly again?

Cable with connector in green box is for side keys, gyro and microphone.
The Following User Says Thank You to neoxx3m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxx3m

Cable with connector in green box is for side keys, gyro and microphone.

Thanks/Hvala!

But do you know what could be faulty on this specific point, which causes my phone to not charge? Can I find somewhere a complete guide to the disassembly and identification of all parts? It would make it alot easier for me . My phone is running again, going strong at 65% and still discharging for the last 3 hours. I'm logging the microVolts, temperature and other stats from the battery to see if it's the battery causing the malfunction, which I doubt.

Anyway, there should be something. By the way, prior to the issues, my phone dropped flat on the screen on tiles, about 1 meter high. So most likely, there is something loose/messed up. But I don't know what causes the entire system to flash the LED 3 times, saying that the battery is drained, yet after pressing on this point, immediately start up while on the charger.
4th July 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #4  
neoxx3m's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ljubuski
Thanks Meter: 987
 
931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiglet

Thanks/Hvala!

But do you know what could be faulty on this specific point, which causes my phone to not charge? Can I find somewhere a complete guide to the disassembly and identification of all parts? It would make it alot easier for me . My phone is running again, going strong at 65% and still discharging for the last 3 hours. I'm logging the microVolts, temperature and other stats from the battery to see if it's the battery causing the malfunction, which I doubt.

Anyway, there should be something. By the way, prior to the issues, my phone dropped flat on the screen on tiles, about 1 meter high. So most likely, there is something loose/messed up. But I don't know what causes the entire system to flash the LED 3 times, saying that the battery is drained, yet after pressing on this point, immediately start up while on the charger.

Please PM me. (you speak croatian?)
Last edited by neoxx3m; 4th July 2014 at 03:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to neoxx3m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes