Back Glass crack, help?

Tip us?

manniekotty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Back Glass crack, help?

Hello guys,

I'm from Brazil and here we still don't have the new Xperia Z, but I bought one in Europe and now I have a problem.

I really don't know how, but the glass on the back is cracked. It's on the inferior left corner.

The problem is that now I'm not able to use it without looking this crack.
Is there any place that has this glass??? I don't think it's easy to change it because it's waterproof, so I guess it's not that easy.

Sorry for my bad english, but I really need help of you guys.

Thank you

Dsteppa
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by manniekotty View Post
Hello guys,

I'm from Brazil and here we still don't have the new Xperia Z, but I bought one in Europe and now I have a problem.

I really don't know how, but the glass on the back is cracked. It's on the inferior left corner.

Is there any place that has this glass??? I don't think it's easy to change it because it's waterproof, so I guess it's not that easy.

Thank you
It's easy to change, the back part is just glued to the front part, there was a video that showed that you can remove the back part just by heating up the back part.
But I don't know where you can buy spare parts I think it will be expensive though.

Here is the disassemble video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNrtamZuf7E

Here is a site where you can buy spare parts (Found in the description link of the video)
http://rounded.com/xperia-z-l36h/
The Following User Says Thank You to Dsteppa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ishun06
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default xperia z back glass broken

same here with me my xperia z back glass is broken i left it on charging and dont no how my back glass is broken

Dsteppa
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishun06 View Post
same here with me my xperia z back glass is broken i left it on charging and dont no how my back glass is broken
I don't hope it was because of some heat source from the phone itself. That would mean trouble for all of us.

iDroid8
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Hello guys,

Thank you
I don't understand do you use the back of your phone a lot?
Previous phones:
LG Cookie KP500
Black Sony Xperia Z C6603

nhonbeo
Old
(Last edited by nhonbeo; 25th March 2013 at 05:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Same here. I am from Viet Nam. And my Black Glass screen - FRONT SCREEN is broken from hear speaker to left size of the screen. Now i can use this phone Normally but anything i have is half touchscreen. So Harder to control it .....
I waiting to some place sell this LCD parts. I think the LCD and Touch panel is 1 parts and that part is too too too expensive. And Heard somewhere when we replace the Touchscreen this phone is not have water proof......
What the suck Dragontrail glass......and SONY logo !! dude..... i can believed this glass it broken easily !! And now i dont know how it broken. I just charging the phone over night.....

Goodluck for all Xperia Z member whom do not have this problem !!! =((

Dsteppa
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDroid8 View Post
He might not, but I can imagine that it's annoying when you know that there is a crack on the back.
Same as when you do a test to see if there are dead pixels, you see some, but you only see them when you do the test, many people might be annoyed by the fact that there are dead pixels.

iDroid8
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppa View Post
He might not, but I can imagine that it's annoying when you know that there is a crack on the back.
Same as when you do a test to see if there are dead pixels, you see some, but you only see them when you do the test, many people might be annoyed by the fact that there are dead pixels.
I'd understand if it was on the front, but this is on the back, and for some reason, when there's nothing wrong the front he feels he has to look at the back?
Previous phones:
LG Cookie KP500
Black Sony Xperia Z C6603

manniekotty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDroid8 View Post
Hello,
The problem is that I own this phone less than a week.... so It botter me a LOT! It's really annoying when you buy something new, and it scratches, or break, or something like that.

I'm waiting for replacement parts......... hope they are available soon

Dsteppa
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Hello,
The problem is that I own this phone less than a week.... so It botter me a LOT! It's really annoying when you buy something new, and it scratches, or break, or something like that.

I'm waiting for replacement parts......... hope they are available soon
And there I thought i gave you a link already, maybe I should remove it....