Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] [Help] sony xperia z root

OP chunweng428

13th March 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Hi everyone,

I have Sony Xperia Z C6603 with 10.4.1.B.0.101 firmware
I am new to this and I want to do:-
1.Root my device to backup the DRM keys using Backup TA
2.Then, unlock bootloader
3.Install CWM(maybe)

Any help will be appreciated.
13th March 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #2  
kingvortex's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,113
 
4,208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
You will have to downgrade to root and backup DRM keys.
More info and detailed instructions - How to root 4.3.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
14th March 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Will I lose my data if I downgrade it?
14th March 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #4  
kingvortex's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,113
 
4,208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
You will probably have to wipe data when you downgrade, as sometimes the phone bootloops if data isn't wiped. You can try without wiping, but you may end up wiping.
Personal data and the internal SD card are wiped when unlocking the bootloader in any case.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Alright, thanks for the infos.
Wish me luck
15th March 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

You will probably have to wipe data when you downgrade, as sometimes the phone bootloops if data isn't wiped. You can try without wiping, but you may end up wiping.
Personal data and the internal SD card are wiped when unlocking the bootloader in any case.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk


I backed up all my data using PC companion, can I restore it back after rooted my phone and with locked bootloader?
15th March 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #7  
kingvortex's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,113
 
4,208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
I'm not sure, as I never used the backup feature of the PC Companion. I use Titanium Backup personally.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
16th March 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

I'm not sure, as I never used the backup feature of the PC Companion. I use Titanium Backup personally.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Aw. but anyways, I did backup in several ways, copy-paste, google sync, and ultimate backup.
16th March 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #9  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,310
 
4,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunweng428

Hi everyone,

I have Sony Xperia Z C6603 with 10.4.1.B.0.101 firmware
I am new to this and I want to do:-
1.Root my device to backup the DRM keys using Backup TA
2.Then, unlock bootloader
3.Install CWM(maybe)

Any help will be appreciated.

well actually you want to unlock bootloader for installing 4.4 ROM /Custom Kernels ?

If you only want to root,you will just need to download the Android 4.2.2 firmware 10.3.1.A.2.67 for C6603,then flash it using flashtool ( make sure you backed up all your apps using built-in Backup & restore app & save it in microSD card)

Next root it using DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit,that's all.
You can choose to install CWM / TWRP / XZDualRecovery

Then you can only download the pre-rooted Android 4.3 ROM

For me i'm using XZDualRecovery with eXistenZUltra ROM

Hope you understand
17th March 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling

well actually you want to unlock bootloader for installing 4.4 ROM /Custom Kernels ?

If you only want to root,you will just need to download the Android 4.2.2 firmware 10.3.1.A.2.67 for C6603,then flash it using flashtool ( make sure you backed up all your apps using built-in Backup & restore app & save it in microSD card)

Next root it using DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit,that's all.
You can choose to install CWM / TWRP / XZDualRecovery

Then you can only download the pre-rooted Android 4.3 ROM

For me i'm using XZDualRecovery with eXistenZUltra ROM

Hope you understand

I followed this two threads
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...0-569-t2565850
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...0-101-t2643898

Now I have rooted phone with the latest 4.3 and also XZDualRecovery.
I am happy with the stock rom and kernel now so I skipped unlocking bootloader. Or maybe I will consider eXistenZUltra rom, seems awesome.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes